From Tragedy to Triumph

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by Superior Chicks, Dec 3, 2008.

1. Superior Chicks

Superior Chicks Chillin' With My Peeps

Hi everybody,

First the tragedy(s) of 2008:

My husband had cancer surgery
    We lost our Iowa farm in the spring flooding
    We moved 3 times
    My Mom passed 2 months ago

Now the triumphs!

We finally found a lovely place to live that we adore and are settling into the community nicely.

My husband is in remission.

We can have chickens here!![​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

My x-mas present is arriving today---a new coop! We decieded that we were too tired and worn out to build one, so we ordered a pre-built one.
    http://www.horizonstructures.com/coop.asp

I am so excited! We miss our flock terribly. (BTW, they are doing great due to the loving care of a BYC menber who took the whole flock for us.)

Just wanted to share with any of those out there that are experiencing hard times, and I know many, many are. Don't loose faith. And no matter what or who you believe in, the key word is BELIEVE. For it is the process of believing that ultimately leads to hope and healing.

A few months ago, I never thought I would ever be smiling again, let alone feel excitement and happiness. But I did BELIEVE it was possible.

My husband is doing good! He is looking forward to building the run as soon as the spring thaws come. And we can't wait for that peeping sound!

Thank the Lord for our fine feathered clucking friends. They do bring smiles, joy, fun and laughter in a world full of anxiety and worries and fear.

Thank you again BYC, the greatest friends on the planet.
    Just wanted to share. We'll be updating on the progress of the coop, run, yard, etc. in the spring.

Happy Holidays,
    Superior Chicks
    (formerly Ma of Iowa)

2. AtRendeAcres

AtRendeAcres Chillin' With My Peeps

May 23, 2007
    Clarion County
    Praise the LORD!

I love to hear Praises! I am so HAPPY for your family! [​IMG]

3. Buff Hooligans

Buff Hooligans Scrambled

Jun 11, 2007
    We are so glad for your turn of blessings. Congratulations.

Sometimes the despairing times seem like they won't end and why bother turning to God. But "Weeping may endure for a night, but Joy Comes in The Morning." Psalm 30:5

It's tough when the "night" seems to last months at a time though. Keep strong and enjoy the sunshine!

4. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

I'm so happy that your life is back on track again! I wish you lots of blessings in your new home!

5. Beau coop

Beau coop Chillin' With My Peeps

May 19, 2008
    WNY
    Wow! Your family has been through a lot! I am so glad to hear things are getting better! [​IMG]

6. danamillette

danamillette Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 16, 2008
    Northern Wisconsin
    Welcome to the state and congratulations on things turning around for you!
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 3, 2008
  7. LynneP

LynneP Chillin' With My Peeps

I'm so pleased you're emerging from this series of challenges! You're right about the chickens, it's hard not to smile at them...we've had a challenging year, not so bad as yours but some darn good reality checks. Congratulations on your new home, on your husband's remission and on your decision to bring chicks into your hearts.[​IMG]

8. ChanceRider

ChanceRider Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 19, 2008
    Somerset, CA
    SuperiorChicks... your post literally brought tears to my eyes! I'm so glad that your husband is in remission and doing well and that you've relocated to a new home.

While things are tight for us too, we have the good fortune to have a roof over our heads, and even more importantly, we have our health.

Thanks for your post. Yet again I'll count my blessings!

9. BeardedChick

BeardedChick Chillin' With My Peeps

[​IMG] That's terrific news! I'd say enjoy the new coop, but from your post it sounds like you are savoring life completely already!

Happy holidays!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by