From Washington State, Joshua J. Simon Checking in, Questions Welcomed

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by SleepyHollowFarm, Apr 23, 2008.

1. SleepyHollowFarm

SleepyHollowFarm Out Of The Brooder

Apr 23, 2008
    Lake Stevens, WA
    Hey, this is Joshua J. Simon from lake Stevens, Wa checking in. I am a APA Master exhibitor(#477) of poultry, specializing in Waterfowl, Poultry and Pigeons which I have raised for almost 20 years now. My main breed in Waterfowl is Call Ducks (White, Grey, Pastels and Blue Fawns) I also have Manderins, Pekins and Tufted Roman Geese. I have some of the top White Wyandotte bantams on the west coast(exquisit, Dan Jerome lines). I have access to top exhibition quality poultry, waterfowl, gamebirds and pigeon breeders in the nation.
    I judge at open and youth fairs, both Fit and Show and Type. i will be working on my APA/ABA licence starting next year.[​IMG]

2. KKluckers

KKluckers Time Out

Sep 4, 2007
    Hey, Josh [​IMG] . Glad to see ya here. Here is a link to a thread with all the other Washington people.

3. Sharisr32

Sharisr32 Egg Killer ;)

Jan 14, 2007
    OH/PA Boarder
    Hi Josh , Got a son up your way at Fort Lewis -

Welcome !

Shari

4. greyfields

greyfields Overrun With Chickens

Mar 15, 2007
    Washington State
    I'm in SW Washington. We raise beef, lamb, pork, chicken, duck, goose, eggs, veggies, milk goats, make cider, etc.

I love my waterforwl more than anything. We keep Embdens, Tufted Roman and Pilgrim (along with some Pilgrim x Roman). The standing goose flock for breeding is around 18. We also keep Silver Appleyard ducks (a dozen). We hatch every Sunday with two more weeks to go. I think at last count I have hatched 29 ducks and 22 goslings this year. I enter our little fair down here and usually do well. I've never shown at an APA show, although I usually attend the one in Stevenson in the Autumn.

Welcome aboard!

5. TerrasCritters

TerrasCritters In a new coop

Oct 24, 2007
    Last edited: Apr 23, 2008
  6. silkiechicken

silkiechicken Staff PhD Premium Member

[​IMG]

Nice to meet yoU!

7. KKluckers

KKluckers Time Out

Sep 4, 2007
    Quote:LOL I was thinking that....so forgetful.

8. SleepyHollowFarm

Apr 23, 2008
    Lake Stevens, WA
    Hey everyone, I noticed this site came up when looking for the cascade spring show on google, well here I am. Thanks for the warm welcome. ~Josh [​IMG]

9. TerrasCritters

TerrasCritters In a new coop

Oct 24, 2007
    Yeah speaking of google, I hate those stinking pop ups when you go to the spring show site.

You should check out Freewebs.com or something [​IMG]

10. SleepyHollowFarm

Apr 23, 2008
    Lake Stevens, WA
    http://knightsofnotion.googlepages.com/home

:lol
    : This is the new site that was up for this year along with the tripod site. I left that one up there because many people are familiar with it and it is free even though it has pop ups. (sorry they annoy you) [​IMG]

~Josh

How do you keep up with all of the post on this site??? I am still learning how to navigate around here and answer peoples questions and check up on my posts...

Is there a call duck posting?

A waterfowl page?

A Wyndotte page?

Last edited: Apr 25, 2008

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by