Frontline for chooks

Bantimna

Songster
10 Years
Sep 29, 2009
South Africa
My Dear Friend has chooks and she is considering putting Frontline on her chooks.
I told her she must wait I've got to consult the BYC doctors.
So can she do it or not?
What are the pro's and con's?

All spot on treatments for fleas and tic are being watched by EPA. There are reports of allergy, skin irritation, convolutions and even death attributed to spot-on treatments (Front line, advantage, bIo-spot & all others). Be sure meticulously follow directions: current findings indicate many reported cases were caused by mis-use i.e dog type used on cat etc, or improper dosages. Currently, there are no reports available, but they are expected in the beginning of (2010).

"imho" BASED ON THE PRELIMINARY FINDINGS I WOULD NOT ATTEMPT TO USE THESE PRODUCTS ON CHICKENS!

thumbsup.gif
Thanks for the warnings I contacted her today and told her not to.

DEAR GOD NO!!!!

Use Diotomacious Earth in a litter pan... they will roll in it and it will take care of external parasitic insects.

My dogs had a deathly adverse reaction to frontline ... and they are 60lbs a peice! I was worried I was going to lose my oldest one!

Due to a scare last night with the termite company, I looked up lots about fipronil aka frontline aka termidor...I thought my poor chickens had gotten poisoned. (false alarm, see my panicked post)

NO - geez NO ! I'm afraid to use this on my cats - they always get sick. The research on birds is mixed; but it has all sorts of warnings about toxicity to birds, bees, aquatic life.

Anyone want an unopened box of frontline for cats?

I've used it for the last few years at the recommendation of a Vet friend who uses it on his birds. No apparent problems.

Back
Top Bottom