Frou-Frou Needs Cuddles

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by pipdzipdnreadytogo, Feb 22, 2013.

1. pipdzipdnreadytogo

pipdzipdnreadytogo Dorking Queen Premium Member

Jun 9, 2011
    Indiana
    My Coop
    I put Frou-frou to perch this evening, but she was quite upset as she did not get her usual nightly visit to the house. Honk-honking away she went, threatening to hop down from her perch as I attempted to finish my evening routine of gathering eggs and getting the feed up for the night. Oh, Frou'f... So I went over to see what the problem was, and with my arm wrapped around her, she settled right in.

[​IMG]

Yes, she seemed to think all was right with the world as long as she had my arm to snuggle with for the night. She soon buried her head in the crook of my elbow and dozed off.

[​IMG]

Unfortunately, peace would not last, as the ever-jealous barred Rock, Freema, showed up to get Frou-frou away from the human that was rightfully hers. (Yes, I had to hold her back.)

[​IMG]

So my poor Big Fuzzy had to perch on her own while I reassured Freema that she was still my girl. :lol:

Oh, yes, and if you wonder why I call Frou-frou 'Big Fuzzy', here's a picture to illustrate. :D

[​IMG]

2. gryeyes

gryeyes Covered in Pet Hair & Feathers

She looks really pouty in that last photo. Poor Frou-Frou!

3. froggiesheins

froggiesheins Overrun With Chickens

Oct 14, 2010
    Jurupa Valley, CA
    Cute little story... :love

4. pipdzipdnreadytogo

Jun 9, 2011
    Indiana
    My Coop
    :lol: Yeah, my poor baby. Didn't get her visit into the house last night, didn't get a warm arm to snuggle with... Instead she tried to get underneath poor She Who and nearly knocked everyone off that perch in the process. :rolleyes:

...Oh, it doesn't matter, I'm just totally in love with this Big Fuzzy birdy! :love

5. memechick

memechick Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 13, 2012
    Concord, NH
    LOL ...... I love this story!! The pictures made me smile!!

6. theoldchick

theoldchick The Chicken Whisperer

May 11, 2010
    Aw, how cute!

7. chickenneighbor

chickenneighbor Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 30, 2010
    Maine
    Have you considered putting a cot in your coop? [​IMG] Your birds are really beautiful.

8. pipdzipdnreadytogo

Jun 9, 2011
    Indiana
    My Coop
    Thanks, y'all! She is quite the sweetheart. :love

:lol: I do have a hammoc...

9. Chickenfan4life

Chickenfan4life Overrun With Chickens

Aug 28, 2012
    Planet No
    Oh, she's really sweet! And Freema getting jealous... [​IMG] I love Frou Frou! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by