Frozen eggs! :(

wjallen05

Songster
11 Years
Apr 8, 2008
North Georgia
My hens lay at all different times of the day (drives me crazy) and it's been SO COLD here esp at night and early morning- I went out at 10:00 this morning to get eggs and FOUR of them were frozen and cracked. First time that has ever happened. And two of them were OPEN and they were EATING IT!!! AHHH! I really hope this doesn't start bad habbits.
hmm.png

I was just getting on today to post about this!!! mine do the same thing... I just wonder if there is anything you can do with the eggs after they freeze??? I hate just throwing them out, but I find myself doing this to 1 or 2 eggs a day, and with it being below zero for a while here I can't let them sit out too long after being laid

To answer your question, yes you can still use them. Thaw them in your fridge. Then use them quickly after they thaw, like within a few days. People freeze eggs often, to avoid waste. It isn't very commonly heard of but people do do it. Hope this helps.

I use mine within a day or two when found in henhouse frozen.
I have been known to lightly scramble and freeze extras in storage bags or icetrays for later baking.

Back
Top Bottom