FRP

Dreedra

Chirping
6 Years
Aug 26, 2013
I would like to redo my coop floor and I was thinking of glass board otherwise known as frp (fiberglass reinforced plastic). But my coop is larger than 4 X 8 feet does anyone know how I could join/seal the seem so that it does not become a collection device for droppings? I also thought of vinyl flooring: (a remnant) but I don't think that would be as durable.
Thanks.

just an opinion here, i understand your reasoning behind it; but i wouldn't use it. if it gets muddy, when the chickens come off of the roost it will be a slick surface and may cause injury. i realize you can get it with a textured finish, but i dont think that is enough. same ideas with the linoleum. if you dont seal either of them down properly, you may end up with a bug breading ground and faster rot.

if you do decide to use them, they are pretty thin. seam them as tightly as possible. using a "safe" latex caulk, run a very small bead down the seam, using water and your finger smooth it removing any excess (this is messy). there is a strip available to seem it with, but i really dont think the strip (plastic) is strong enough for a coop floor, its pretty thin and would probably break in cold weather. if you live in a warm climate, use your own discretion.

by the way
welcome-byc.gif
i just realized your new.

Back
Top Bottom