1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    Not a member yet? join BYC here & then introduce yourself in our community forum here.

Fruit yesterday eggs today

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by Catalina, Jan 24, 2008.

1. Catalina

Catalina Songster

Jul 19, 2007
    Minnesota
    I know there was a post a while back about giving fruit to chickens.
    Well, I gave my girls 2 orange halves yesterday. They pecked them down to the peel and today...I got 4 eggs from 3 hens!
    3 Medium/Large and 1 Jumbo!! [​IMG]

2. Wildsky

Wildsky Wild Egg!

Oct 13, 2007
    California
    [​IMG] So cool!!!

I gave my girls worms today, and cheese and bread and apple core and peel............... I certainly hope they give me 4 eggs tomorrow! (I have 8 standards - don't know WHO is laying and who isn't 4 eggs in one day the record) [​IMG]

3. Queen of the Lilliputians

Queen of the Lilliputians Songster

Apr 5, 2007
    Maine
    YAAAYY! Congrats on the eggs!

(my 10 girls faithfully lay 8 eggs per day for me.. must be the treats [​IMG] )

Last edited: Jan 24, 2008
  4. Wildsky

Wildsky Wild Egg!

Oct 13, 2007
    California
    [​IMG] I got three eggs BRIGHT and early today - well before 10am - so I'm sure to get another one......................... [​IMG] [​IMG]

5. Wynette

Wynette Moderator Staff Member

Sep 25, 2007
    Michigan
    [​IMG] I'm happy for you two, sad for me. I got two eggs yesterday from 6 standards; I haven't gotten more than 1 the same day in many weeks now. I'm not expecting ANY today. [​IMG]

I think I need some Dorkings.

6. Wildsky

Wildsky Wild Egg!

Oct 13, 2007
    California
    How old are they Wynette?

I have 8 standards and 3 bantam hens - so I'm getting 3 eggs a day on average from 11 hens - so don't feel bad! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: