Fruits and veggies

quail 247

In the Brooder
11 Years
Sep 29, 2008
I was wondering what are some good fruits and veggies that i can feed my red goldens and my swinhoe?

I have ringnecks and their favorite veggie, by far, is cucumbers sliced in half the long way. I wouldn't buy storebought cukes though as they have a wax coating on them, unless you want to peel them I guess lol Mine also love tomatoes and watermelon. Have fun :)

Raisins, watermelon, cantaloupe, tomatoes, red seedless grapes, kale, fresh corn on the cob, unsalted peanuts, any fresh lettuce without preservatives, plums.

Please be careful with the grapes.Cut them in half.My temminick male swollowed one and choked.I tried everything to get it lose,but I couldn't.He was a very tame bird and would eat right out of my hand.It always happens to your favorites.After their first peck at the pumpkin,it will be time for another one.
This is he in my avatar.
In N.H.,Tony.

Last edited:
Oh yes I go so far to even quarter the grapes. Spent to much time learning and trying to tame the adult pair and now their 3 young ones to lose them. Still haven't touched that pumpkin. Not sure if I should go out and cut it up smaller to be less intimidating?

I am sorry to hear about you're male :( He was a very beautiful bird

I see you have yellow goldens.Is that the only species you have?Yes,he was a very friendly bird,he would jump to the lower roost which was right by the door when you walked in and wait for his treats.
In N.H.,Tony.

Yes as of right now Yellow Goldens are the only ones. I wanted to start off with an easy/low priced pair then possibly get some Ladys
love.gif
but that will be sometime in the future. I can bring my young yellow male in the house with me to love on and then let him walk on the floor without him flipping out like the others.

Back
Top Bottom