Frustrated with your cell phone?

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by greenfamilyfarms, Apr 14, 2009.

1. greenfamilyfarms

greenfamilyfarms Big Pippin'

Feb 27, 2008
    Elizabethtown, NC
    How about enter this contest?

"Cast They Cell Phone" from the 2009 Farmer's Almanac

Cell phont throwing has become an international sport, believe it or not. It began in 2000 as the Mobile Phone Throwing Championships in Savonlinna, Finland. (The Finns are nothing if not inventive - they originated the World Wife-Carrying Championships!) Just about everyone has a cell phone, in Finland, thanks to a little company called Nokia (which branched out from manufacturing plastic boots to making mobile phones). Cell phone hurlers - many of whom practice in frustration, without the competition in mind - compete for prizes. The first place in a national event usually wins entry into the world championships. Current (and unofficial) records: men 314.4 ft (95.83 m); women 175.6 ft (53.52 m). The grand prize for winning the championship: a new mobile phone.

[​IMG]

2. debilorrah

debilorrah The Great Guru of Yap Premium Member

That is too funny! I do want to chuck my cell phone at a wall every time it shuts itself off. [​IMG]

3. Fancie

Fancie Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 31, 2008
    Illinois
    I'm on a pre-pay plan with free texts... if I use my phone to call it cost me $1... so normally I just text....

but sometime I it send by mistake when I add a phone number and it makes a call [​IMG] bye bye dollar!

4. debilorrah

It's not my plan I have issues with. It's my phone. [​IMG]

5. Buff Hooligans

Buff Hooligans Scrambled

Jun 11, 2007
    I don't have a cell phone. Problem solved. Money saved.

6. debilorrah

Quote:We don't have a land line. Equals out. Free long distance, texting, etc.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by