frustrating

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by BlueBirdChick, Sep 7, 2010.

1. BlueBirdChick

BlueBirdChick On Vacation

Aug 13, 2010
    Absarokee, Montana
    So not gonna give my advice out anymore. Its upsetting when someone asks you what you do? then you tell them and then they get mad at you or ignore you or tell you youre full of it. NO MORE. thankyou for letting me RANT hehehehee

2. EweSheep

EweSheep Flock Mistress

Jan 12, 2007
    Land of Lincoln
    Did I miss something ? [​IMG]

3. redhen

redhen Kiss My Grits... Premium Member

May 19, 2008
    Western MA
    Quote:I hear ya! Jeesh!
    If you dont give the sweet pollyanna response that they want to hear... they get all nasty with you...
    OOh well.. [​IMG]

4. BlueBirdChick

BlueBirdChick On Vacation

Aug 13, 2010
    Absarokee, Montana
    oh im not the only one. there is this person in the chat room and no matter what all of us say to them or give our advice they keep asking or just ignoring us and its frustrating. like tonight they asked if they could get more 1 months olds and i asked a friend cause i didnt know what should that person do. He told me to tell the person quarentine them so i said that. then the person got bent out of shape , they were like well I dont understand my other chicks are medicated.

i told them well i have to do that with my chickens everytime i get a new flock..

5. justbugged

justbugged Head of the Night Crew for WA State

Jan 27, 2009
    Enumclaw
    Your advice is very good, but some people just have to learn things the hard way. I would chalk this up as "You can't fix stupid."

6. Tiramisu

Tiramisu Got Mutts

May 3, 2008
    Milan PA
    You should just ignore them [​IMG] if they are rude for your answer, then I guess too bad for them.

Were they rude in asking why the new chicks should be quarentined? Maybe they don't understand that chicks on medicated feed is meant mostly for coccidosis prevention.

Last edited: Sep 8, 2010
  7. chicksbestfriend

chicksbestfriend Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 12, 2010
    Maui, Hawaii
    Quote:I agree! People that are stuck on stupid usually stay there! [​IMG]

8. CityChicker

CityChicker Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 21, 2009
    I know exactly what you mean, BlueBirdChick! It can be beyond frustrating. Unfortunately, there is a lot of that element these days. I absolutely cannot stand it. A person asks you for advice (sometimes specifically asks you, not just a random posting to everyone), you give them the advice, and then they either get bent out of shape or don't bother even saying "thank you". I wish I could say that it doesn't get to me, but it does. I don't even know the number of times someone has asked me to explain something and I will (which is often time consuming) and then the person doesn't even say thank you.

9. The Yakima Kid

The Yakima Kid Cirque des Poulets

Uhyup. Some people only want to hear things that make them feel warm and fuzzy. [​IMG]

10. Surehatch

Surehatch Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 16, 2009
    Georgia
    Quote:People normally start laughing when I tell them what I do

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by