Frustration, what am I supposed to do?

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Bettacreek, Jan 31, 2009.

1. Bettacreek

Bettacreek Overrun With Chickens

Jan 7, 2009
    Central Pennsyltucky
    With all of the parking crap here, we've been parking in the lot across the street (because there is literally nowhere else to park). Well, my car was towed today. They towed it to our back parking lot, so I didn't have to pay a towing bill, but now my car will be stuck back there until all of the snow melts, which means that I won't be able to make it to work now, and hubby's unemployment has been taking forever to get here, and we're already struggling, and even when that money DOES get here, we're still going to need more than what it brings. My work has been miserable, I haven't been able to sleep for more than 2-3 hours per 24 hour period, then I have to work 10+ hours each day, and two days last week, there were only 4 people that made it to work because the stupid roads were so crappy that nobody could even make it, but I had to go out in that crap and hope some idiot in 4x4 didn't crack me or that I didn't go off the road and get stuck in some ungodly random place. All of this just to come home, put up with neighbors that are so beyond ... (I can't even think of a word to explain them, but if I could, it would have to be censored anyways) that it's unrealistic. I don't mean to sound like a big baby, because I know that my problems are so trivial compared to most others, but, I'm just so frustrated that all I can do is sit here and cry while I try to figure out how I'm supposed to get back/forth to work and what I'm supposed to do with my car if I can even get it out in the first place.
    All that I have to say is thank god they only towed it to my back lot, I just can't afford a towing bill on top of everything else, besides the fact that I haven't paid my insurance on that car in like three months (thankfully my dearest parents been paying it, god love them).

Oh, and, parking somewhere else is literally not an option. The next closest parking would probably be over three blocks away, and most places don't even have sidewalks to here. [​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 31, 2009
  2. Bettacreek

Jan 7, 2009
    Central Pennsyltucky
    Ok, after making some phone calls, the owner of the parking lot on the other side of the street is actually a nice guy apparantly. My car wasn't actually towed, my stepfather moved it. They called the cops to figure out who's car it was, and my stepdad talked to them, explained the situation to them, and the cops said that our neighbor's were pure trouble and not to mess with them (not that I had been in the first place, but that scares me even more!). The shop owner said that if absolute worst comes to worse, if we cannot find a parking spot, we can park over there, but to park in a specific spot (farthest away) so that his customers could park closer (totally understandable). That just lifts a LOT of stress off, knowing that the car was moved by my stepdad (meaning that somebody I know was in my car, not some random person, plus the fact that there's no chance that a door jimmy or anything like that ruined the car, lol), and knowing that it won't get towed in the future if I'm SOL for finding a parking spot, as long as I park on the far end of the parking lot. At least there are some rational human beings left in the area here. [​IMG] Sorry forthe huge bawl baby fit, I was just so frustrated trying to figure out wth I was supposed to do about getting to work and back and parking and such. Doesn't help that I slept TOO much last night to make up for the lack of sleep during the week and ended up sleeping in until about 1pm, so now my whole body feels like crap. [​IMG]

3. kbarrett

kbarrett Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 12, 2007
    PA
    [​IMG] Crying is good for you, much better than letting it bottle up inside. I'm happy the shop owner is being a good neighbor. Your other neighbors do sound scary, I think I'd heed the cop's advice and avoid them.

4. CrazyChickieMama

CrazyChickieMama Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 23, 2008
    Bolton, NC
    [​IMG] at least you know there are some good people left in this world....Hopefully the neighbors from $%$^&%^ will go away soon! [​IMG] I'm praying for ya and sending good wishes your way!!!!!

5. smom1976

smom1976 too many projects too little time!

May 2, 2008
    Pensacola, FL
    i totally understand where you are .. We went almost the entire month of July with NO pay.. none.. not until the 27th of july..

we were sucking.. mostly because my husbands last pay was the second week of june.. it was awfull...

here is a big [​IMG] for you and know you will get through it..

6. Bettacreek

Jan 7, 2009
    Central Pennsyltucky
    We did manage to get the car out of our back lot. There was a spot out front, so I took that, because we're supposed to be getting more frozen stuff (freezing rain or something) later tonight, which would have made it even harder to get out of the back lot afterwards. It took me a little while, but since it was dark out, I could just gun it up over the hill because I could see lights if anyone was coming. So, I don't have to worry about not being able to make it to work now. I must be one heck of a lucky person.

7. CrazyChickieMama

CrazyChickieMama Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 23, 2008
    Bolton, NC
    Haha...the prayers and good wishes are already working!!!!! [​IMG] (not getting religious or anything) I'm glad you got a good spot...Don't Fall!!!! when you go to work..

8. The Chicken Lady

The Chicken Lady Moderator Staff Member

Apr 21, 2008
    West Michigan
    Glad to hear everything worked out for you in the end.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by