FRUSTRATION

POULTRY 104

In the Brooder
7 Years
Jan 16, 2013
SO YOU KNOW WHEN YOU SEE A CHICKEN IN A BOOK AND IT DOESNT SAY WHAT BREED IT IS.I HAVE THAT PROBLEM.ON THE COVER OF THE BOOK ''CHICKENS'' THERES A HEN IN CHICKS. I REALLY WANT THE HEN.SHE HAS A ROSECOMB,SHES WHITE WITH BLACK SPECKLES,AND HEAVY WEIGHT.

THANKS

frow.gif
Welcome to BYC!!! Glad you joined.
smile.png

Could it be a Silver Laced Wyandotte??

Silver_laced_Wyandotte.jpg

Was it a Dominique??

dominique1.jpg

Last edited:
Oops... just saw the 'rose comb' when I reread, my fault for not catching that first, so I deleted the book I thought might be it....

Is 'Chickens' the only title or is there a sub title... such as 'a complete guide to raising' or 'encyclopedia of' or something like that.

There are a lot of books out there that match the general description. I saw a cover for one that looked like Barred Rock Hens...

If you go to Amazon and look under books, just type in chickens and you will get a number of hits, see if the book is on the list and if it is then provide the title or link for folks to refer to.

Last edited:
Hello and welcome to BYC
frow.gif
If you have copy of the book look inside the dust cover (if any), front or back, or somewhere on the first few pages it should give info on the cover photo. Good luck!

Can you take a photo of the book cover and post it here so we can ID the chicken?

Or you could tell us the author and publisher of the book and then we can look it up online.

Yes!!! You found it, Could it be some type of california.its not any wyandotte rock or dominique.

Back
Top Bottom