Frying Question!!!!

Discussion in 'Egg, Chicken, & Other Favorite Recipes' started by ChicknThief, Dec 1, 2011.

1. ChicknThief

ChicknThief Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 12, 2008
    Nor Cal
  2. caspernc

caspernc Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 15, 2010
    Z town NC
    That is what I use as a french frier. If you have a thermomiter you can check the temp of the greese. Don't add too much at a time and cool the greese too much.

3. ChicknThief

Jan 12, 2008
    Nor Cal
    Will just a regular ole thermometer do? And do you know exactly how hot the grease needs to be? I've never fried a thing in my life [​IMG]

4. caspernc

Oct 15, 2010
    Z town NC
    No you need to use a cooking thermomiter. I have a candy/frying thermomiter and it says the greese needs to be 350. You can get one at wal-mart for a couple of $.

5. ChicknThief

Jan 12, 2008
    Nor Cal
    Awesome!!! Ok I'm excited now [​IMG]

6. caspernc

Oct 15, 2010
    Z town NC
    make sure your pot is tall enough that the greese doesn't go over the top. You need to let your meat warm up a little and not be too wet. If the greese comes over the top you can start a fire. I use a farely cheap stainless steel pot that is like 15 quarts and I rarely fill it half full of oil. I the pot cost like $15 and it will last longer that a $50 deep fryer. I got tired of replacing my fryer twice a year. (we probly eat too much fried food) [​IMG]

7. ChicknThief

Jan 12, 2008
    Nor Cal
    Ok I will definitely be careful. I think the sizes of my pots are pretty ordinary, but I only need to fry 2 breasts, so I think they will suffice. Any other advice or suggestions? Thank you for being so helpful! I know I'm a noob [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by