1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

FS- 12+ Rhode Island Red Hatching Eggs (NC)

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by sandspoultry, Sep 9, 2009.

1. sandspoultry

sandspoultry Everybody loves a Turkey

Feb 10, 2008
    Eastern NC
    These are nice dark non production RIR. 12+ hatching eggs for $25.00 which includes shipping. Eggs can ship on Monday, Sept 14.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Thanks,
    Sharon

2. Lensters

Lensters Chillin' With My Peeps

May 14, 2009
    Adair Village, OR
    Very pretty birds. I'd be tempted except I'm still trying to sell the extras RIRs I already have. [​IMG]

What is the egg production like on these "non production RIRs"?

3. Chicks & Turks

Chicks & Turks Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 6, 2009
    Fayetteville, NC
    What part of NC are you in and how much is it if you pick up if it's an option.

4. Germaine_11.20

Germaine_11.20 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 6, 2009
    Idaho
    In comparison, how big do your RIR's get? My production ones (which I did not realize there was a difference until I butchered) are pretty darn small. Lay great eggs though.

5. sandspoultry

sandspoultry Everybody loves a Turkey

Feb 10, 2008
    Eastern NC
    These are nice big birds with long huge breast on them when we process them.
    Egg production is very good on these. We have one group of them that are around 8 months old and are laying up a storm. With the days getting shorter and even with all the rain that we are getting they are still laying strong.
    Chicks & Turks we are over on the Eastern side of the State, PM me and I will give you more details.
    Sharon

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by