1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

FS 3 pullets 23 weeks old SC

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by Godiva, Apr 2, 2009.

1. Godiva

Godiva Chillin' With My Peeps

May 17, 2007
    Colorado
    I am trying to streamline my flock in preparation for some new breeds. I have some young pullets, just started laying. Two are mixed breeds and one is (I think) pure large cochin. One is a welsummer cochin mix (and is laying a dark egg) and the other is a buff orpington X cochin. I had hoped to keep these ladies, but I just don't have room and can't face the hassles of integrating everyone [​IMG] These are for local pickup only, McConnells SC. I am asking $10 each, these are beautiful, healthy and two are laying already, one I am not sure if she has started yet. (THey are in with a number of others.) I will try to get more pics later, but it is pouring rain and dark so may not come out too well today.

[​IMG] THe one in front is Philippa (the pure cochin) in back is Hannah who I believe is welsummer/cochin.

This next pic is of Margaret, who I think is just stunningly beautiful, she has really unusual colouring, I think she may be a really dark brown with some lacing. Anyway, whatever the colour is called - I think she is gorgeous.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 2, 2009
  2. Godiva

May 17, 2007
    Colorado
    Anyone? I will try to integrate them if no-one wants them, thought for sure someone would like some pullets that have just started laying!?

3. ArizonaDesertChicks

ArizonaDesertChicks Eggstactic for Pretty Eggs

Dec 8, 2008
    Glendale, AZ
    Try craiglslist - I've always sold my chickens very quickly that way. BYC is a good place to try first, but many of the members (including me) do not live close enough to you to take advantage of your offer.

4. Godiva

May 17, 2007
    Colorado
    Thanks ArizonaDesertchicks... good idea. I think I will do that!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by