FS- 5 baby Black Swedish ducklings-NJ

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by chickenlisa, Apr 18, 2009.

1. chickenlisa

chickenlisa Invincible Summer

Apr 9, 2007
    HI all- I'm in western NJ right near the Delaware River and Pa. I've got 5 baby ducklings (1 week old) and they are all Black Swedish. They are so adorable! I had a person who was going to buy them all, and pick them up soon. She has been told she can't have them in the house and only wants them once they can move outside. I'd like to sell them before then. They're in the same brooder box as my baby chicks and I know from past experience that they'll get too big very soon. I don't want them trampling my baby chicks. SOOOo long story....if anyone is in the Pa/NJ area and wants ducks, these are young and will still bond to anyone. They are only $5 each. Here are pics....
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I can take new pics of them too if you are interested.
    Lisa

Last edited by chickenlisa (04/16/2009 9:38 pm)
    moved to BST- hopefully it can be removed from the Waterfowl section...I put it in the wrong place initially.

Last edited: Apr 18, 2009
  2. KnightslilAngel

KnightslilAngel Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 14, 2009
    Milford/Norwalk, CT
    I would have loved to take one but you are just a little too far away from where i am located, CT.

But just a tip. The chickens are more of a threat to the little ducklings. When i originally ordered my ducklings they came with little chicks. The chicks I had actually started to peck at the ducklings and hurt them. thankfully i found a local farm to take them before the ducks got too injured.
    Just giving you a, hopefully, helpful tip. ^^

3. chickenlisa

chickenlisa Invincible Summer

Apr 9, 2007
    Thanks-I've had them together before. The ducklings grow so fast and make such a wet mess that the chicks sometimes suffer. I've got 4 Silkies and 2 bantam Australian Spotted ducklings in there with them. I'd love to sell them still- I only hatched them as test eggs and went thru it for 28 days because the person really wanted them once they hatched. I'm hoping she figures out how to house them without having them 'in' her house. But in the meantime, I'd love to find a buyer for them. They are only getting bigger and older.
    Thanks for writing... [​IMG]
    Lisa

4. KnightslilAngel

KnightslilAngel Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 14, 2009
    Milford/Norwalk, CT
    When i first got my ducklings my mom was trying to force them outside. if they'd want these tips sent them to them

I set up a Toat outside, you know for storing things, And put it on my back deck so the rain wouldn't get them. I put a warm lite in there and also covered around the toat with a warming blanket on medium setting.
    I put them in a Tent! For about a week they were very happy in there! Until i got my mom to warm up to the idea of having them inside :3

An outdoor shed or any shelter would due as long as there is an outlet and you have a good light and warm blanket. Just leave a small opening on the top so that the light dosent catch fire to anything. and so that air can get in and out.

Hope this helps :3 Good luck with the babys ^^!

5. chicken stalker

chicken stalker TOS Rocks!

Aug 31, 2008
    Binghamton, NY
    I've been looking for black swedishes!!!! How far are you away from Binghamton NY? Are you willing to ship?

6. cole88888

cole88888 New Egg

Jun 14, 2009
    yes hi i was wondering if you had any of those duckings left

7. cole88888

cole88888 New Egg

Jun 14, 2009
    yes hi i was wondering if you had any of those ducklings left

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by