FS: Blue Ameraucana Cockerel, North Carolina

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by greenfamilyfarms, Jan 31, 2009.

1. greenfamilyfarms

greenfamilyfarms Big Pippin'

Feb 27, 2008
    Elizabethtown, NC
    I have a single Blue Ameraucana Cockerel for sale if anybody local is interested. He is pick-up only. PM me or Email me for more information and for a current photo.

Thanks!

2. greenfamilyfarms

Feb 27, 2008
    Elizabethtown, NC
    Additional Information:

He is a Blue Ameraucana Young Rooster that I hatched myself. He is friendly and would be an EXCELLENT addition to any good Ameraucana breeding program since the chicks from him will show the blue coloring gene. He hatched from a line of Ameraucanas that lay ONLY blue eggs.

He is not full-grown yet and is about 4 months old, or a little older. He is not crowing. I am getting out of the Ameraucanas to concentrate on some of my other breeds. I am looking for a serious breeder who can develop him into his full potential. He is not just a yard bird. He is the very last one I have - no hens.

$15, firm. I will take a current picture of him asap and post it. Please email me if you are interested. Be sure to include your contact information.

3. Kim_NC

Kim_NC Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 27, 2009
    Mt Airy, NC
    I sent a PM to you.

4. greenfamilyfarms

Feb 27, 2008
    Elizabethtown, NC
    Pictures taken Sunday, Feb 1st 5 pm:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Flash washed his color out, but I like the pose!

[​IMG]

5. Kim_NC

Jan 27, 2009
    Mt Airy, NC
    I'll buy him. Sent a reply to your PM. Thanks....Kim

6. greenfamilyfarms

Feb 27, 2008
    Elizabethtown, NC
    *** Sale Pending to Kim_NC as of 2/2/2009 ***

If anybody else is interested, please let me know in case things don't work out. [​IMG]

7. creativecreations

creativecreations New Egg

Jan 16, 2009
    Let me know if the sale does not work out. I will buy him otherwise.

8. greenfamilyfarms

Feb 27, 2008
    Elizabethtown, NC
    SOLD! Thanks, Kim. I think you got a wonderful boy - I missed him when I went out to check on everybody this morning. He was the first one to meet me at the gate. Keep me updated!

9. asher

asher Chicken Enabler Extraordinaire

Jan 26, 2007
    Mountains of NC
    Oh! What a beautiful boy!!! Congrats Kim! [​IMG]

10. Kim_NC

Jan 27, 2009
    Mt Airy, NC
    He's quite happy this morning. He got a break yesterday morning with feed & water until around 1:30pm. Then the long ride to his new home, but he was once again munching crumbles and drinking water at 5:00pm.

Friendly little fella too. [​IMG] He followed me all over the place while I was prepping water and feed for the other coops last night & this morning.

He's in 'quarantine' for 3 weeks. Not that I think there's anything wrong with him - it's standard practice here for new birds to be quarantined. At the end of 'quarantine', I have a present for him - some little girlfriends that are a couple weeks younger than he is. They'll be together in a private pen (with free range area) at the end of the month.

Thanks Kandace!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by