FS-Blue Swedish Ducks, N GA *SOLD*

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by FlightsofFancy, Oct 15, 2008.

1. FlightsofFancy

FlightsofFancy Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 22, 2008
    Canton, GA
    We have eight total in all color varities. Need to place them fast! Would like to get $10 each but if you take more than 3 we will make a deal.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 25, 2008
  2. hcammack

hcammack Overrun With Chickens

Oct 5, 2007
    Vermont
    Hmm maybe speckled hen should start up some ducks?

Henry

3. foxonfire

foxonfire Out Of The Brooder

Oct 2, 2008
    Gainesville, GA
    Are any of your ducks drakes? I need a drake for my 5 girls, and I may be able to take some more girls.

Thanks
    Megan
    FoxonFire Farms
    Gainesville, GA

4. FlightsofFancy

Jan 22, 2008
    Canton, GA
    Yes! I believe we have 2 drakes......1 for sure. The other was a single hatch from this summer and he hasn't gotten his drake feather yet. So to recap.......2 drakes with 6 hens total.

5. helmstead

helmstead Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 12, 2007
    Alfordsville, IN
    Yes - the known drake is back-center of the photo above. He's three years old, classic blue and is a proven breeder. He is the father of the duckling hatched this summer FlightsofFancy is talking about.

6. foxonfire

Oct 2, 2008
    Gainesville, GA
    FlightsofFancy
    Today 9:45 am Yes! I believe we have 2 drakes......1 for sure. The other was a single hatch from this summer and he hasn't gotten his drake feather yet. So to recap.......2 drakes with 6 hens total.

I defiinitely want 1 drake, preferably the older more poven one. I have to convince my husband for more hens....(although if he's not with me when I p/u...)

Is it possible to p/u on Monday?​

7. FlightsofFancy

Jan 22, 2008
    Canton, GA
    We would like to keep the flock with the proven drake together. I just simply can not sell the drake without his girls.
    let me know......

8. foxonfire

Oct 2, 2008
    Gainesville, GA
    Ack, I can't take 8 more ducks, there's just not enough room.

Guess, I'll just have to look somewhere else. Darn!

Last edited: Oct 16, 2008
  9. mastiffsinky

mastiffsinky Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 9, 2008
    Bremen, Ky
    Quote:I have a fail safe way of sexing ducks and it can be done when they are only 8 weeks old (when they start to quack)

Females are LOUD when you pick them up and they quack. Males are more of a whispered quack. Never been wrong on sexing a duck this way. You don't have to wait for the drake feathers.

Katie

10. FlightsofFancy

Jan 22, 2008
    Canton, GA
    FOXONFIRE: NO! Not 8 more....just 4 more! [​IMG] We would like to keep the original bonded 4 together.
    If you are really just interested in only a drake.......I will go out and try this gender test and see if it works to prove our little hatchling is a boy.
    I will get back to you....it's raining so it's gonna be a messy event. Wish me luck.
    [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by