1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

FS: Cuckoo Marans Roo's, feathered, 11 wks - Ctrl FL., W. Pasco Cnty

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by treefr0g, Sep 12, 2009.

1. treefr0g

treefr0g Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 12, 2009
    Central Florida, W. Coast
    I have 2 very sweet little Cuckoo Marans roosters that need a new home! They've been raised as pets and are very tame & trusting. I'm very attached to the little guys and their sister, and hate to part with them.

They DO have feathered legs/feet. However...they also have yellow legs/beaks. (their sister appears pure, white legs/beak) They are currently about 10-11 wks old.

They were sold to me as "Barred Rock pullets". Long story short, after conferring further with the owner, he actually unknowingly had a breeding pair of Cuckoo Marans. Both parents are white legged, white beaked, w/ feathered legs. Given that some of their chicks have white legs, and some yellow, there is apparently Barred Rock in their ancestry.

Anyway! I'd like to find a GOOD home for these sweet little boys. Prefer that they be PETS and not food! - Asking $5 each.

Please note that missing or thin tail feathers are due to molting baby feathers, and that they were just introduced into the main flock last week!

Little Roo #1
    [​IMG]

Little Roo #2
    [​IMG]

Roo's with sister
    [​IMG]

2. GypsyChic

GypsyChic Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 24, 2009
    MO
    Hi Hun, can you ship them or would you rather not?

3. treefr0g

Apr 12, 2009
    Hi GypsyChic... I have absolutely no experience shipping chickens. After reading several threads (was curious about whats involved), I think it's better I if try to locate new homes for them closer to home...within driving distance. Thanks for asking! [​IMG]

4. GypsyChic

GypsyChic Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 24, 2009
    MO
    Not a problem, I completely understand. You'll find these guys a great home. Sweet birds:p

5. treefr0g

Apr 12, 2009
    These little guys are still available!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by