FS Delaware 18wk PU La Crosse WI area 2 pullets, 3 cockerels

JoAnn_WI_4-H_Mom

Songster
10 Years
Jun 17, 2009
West Central WI
Pick and choose what you want. $10 for pullets, $5 cockerels

These Delawares are from Whitmore Farm (google it for photos of the parents) That flock is thouroughly tested and our birds have not shown any sign of disease, but our flock is too small and new to have a testing program.

They are Large/Standard fowl, not bantams.

They are 18 weeks old, raised in a pasture situation, non-medicated but not organic feeds. They are reasonably friendly (underfoot while working in the pen) but not hand-fed or anything. I think there would be no problem taming them down farther.

I am not an exhibitor in major shows, so I do not know how close to APA standard they are, but they are very pretty. The cockerels have barred tails. Pictures will be sent if you PM me.

The pullets are NOT laying yet, but are supposed to lay a med brown egg.

We'd love to keep them all, but have more pullets than we need. I'd love to get these working girls a new home with more space for the winter. Cockerels will be going to freezer camp unless someone needs some eye candy. They crow and are enthusiastic about the ladies. I confess I am a little concerned about human aggressivenes in the cockerels, but that might just be my own nerves.

We are 20 minutes North of La Crosse WI. Pick-up or meet in the area, we will not ship.

Back
Top Bottom