FS: Ducklings and silkies in Colorado-SOLD

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by cici_p, May 3, 2009.

1. cici_p

cici_p Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 27, 2009
    I got caught up in the hatching craze and my brooder is slightly too full!
    I have three month-old silkie chicks, two blue and one white that I would like to re-home. I also have three two-day old ducklings from golden egg farm--two white crested and one white runner. One of the crested is very nice and looks to have a double crest.
    These are all birds from breeders, although the white silkie is only pet quality due to a slight fault.
    I will be happy to send pictures if anyone is interested.
    The birds are located in grand junction, but I could meet somebody part way if anyone from the front range is interested in all 6.
    I am asking $5 a piece, or 3 for $10.
    Oh, also they have all been handled from birth, and the ducklings in particular are very friendly.
    Thanks!

Last edited: May 4, 2009
  2. Luvducks

Luvducks Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 8, 2009
    Colorado
    I am on Glade Park. Can you send me pictures of the silkies or post them?
    I will be in Grand Junction tomorrow!

3. cici_p

Feb 27, 2009
    Here are some older pics from before they hit the uglies:
    Blue as a dayold

[​IMG]

And a little over a week ago:
    [​IMG]

The two on the left and the showgirls I am keeping. The white and the other blue I am selling. You can see how the ridge on the white silkies beak goes back further than usual--this is the fault I am referring to.

[​IMG]

I need to get some new pics of the other blue. S/he he is actually probably the fluffliest of the bunch (altho still very much in the ugly stage, lol), and has a very nice top knot.

Let me know if you are still interested.

4. silverlining

silverlining Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 11, 2009
    Highlands Ranch
    Can you get a closer pic of the white silkie?

5. Luvducks

Apr 8, 2009
    Colorado
    I am interested. I am looking for pet quality anyway. I would take all three silkies. Can you tell if they are pullet or roo yet?

6. cici_p

Feb 27, 2009
    I have absolutely no idea what gender they are. LOL. I believe it is very difficult to tell with silkies until they are much older. . .PM me if you would like them so we can work something out. I really have to cut down on the number of birds in my brooder. . .I would be very excited to have them go to a good home! They are the first batch of babies I hatched out so it is a little difficult to part with them, but I only wanted a couple, so am just keeping my two favorites.

7. Luvducks

Apr 8, 2009
    Colorado
    I PM'd you. If tomorrow is not good for you we can try another day.
    I am working on Tuesday so that is not the best day. Let me know.

Thanks!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by