1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

FS: Embden Goose Eggs -- updated 5/4 with current info

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by Sunny Side Up, Apr 20, 2009.

1. Sunny Side Up

Sunny Side Up Count your many blessings...

Mar 12, 2008
    Loxahatchee, Florida
    Now there are 3 fresh eggs, from 4/30, 5/2 & 5/4 that could be mailed right away, plus 2 more that are probably from last week, but I can't guarantee the date. God & Gertrude willing, there should be a new fresh egg every other day.

The 3 freshest ones are $3 each
    The 2 other ones are $1.50 each

For up to 4 eggs add $13 for Priority Mail shipping with Delivery Confirmation

For up to 6 eggs add $16 for Priority Mail shipping with Delivery Confirmation.

I'll take Money Orders or PayPal. If you're certain you want them post your intentions at the end of this thread and PM your address to me.

Edited to update information [​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: May 4, 2009
  2. momof247371

momof247371 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 18, 2009
    I have baught eggs from Sunny_Side_Up before, she did an excellent job packaging them and all eggs made it from FL to IN in one piece. Shipping was FAST! A most Importantly she has some BEAUTIFUL birds! Highly recommned her!

3. SevenWinds

SevenWinds Out Of The Brooder

Apr 26, 2009
    Eastern Pennsylvania
    Hi! I would be interested in two eggs, but my bator has chicken eggs in it right now until mid may. Can you contact me if you have any fert. eggs after mid may? I have never tried to hatch goslings before, but I'd like to try it. I would gladly pay via paypal.

Thank you!

4. Sunny Side Up

Mar 12, 2008
    Loxahatchee, Florida
    Yes, I will post again when I have some ready to go. I have one that was laid today, and there were 2 more in the nest that we're not certain exactly when they were laid. Probably within the last week, but I cannot guarantee it.

Today we had an awful scare with this pair of geese. We saw them both this morning, then left for the park for a few hours. When we got home we only saw the gander, Elmer, walking around the yard by himself. A very unusual sight, since they're usually together 24/7. We didn't worry at first, assuming Gertrude was sitting in a nest site and Elmer got bored. But we looked EVERYwhere for almost an hour, and couldn't find her! That's when we began to fret, to call the neighbors, to call the sheriff's dept. Because folks have had their geese stolen from their yards in this area, and I figured if they were going to snatch one, they'd take the more docile Gertrude.

Our sheriff's dept is so effective that 5 minutes after completing my call to them...

...we found Gertrude! [​IMG]

She'd found a new & really secluded spot in the yard for this new nest, deep under some really thick bushes. It had 3 eggs in it, one of them obviously freshly laid.

So I will post when I get another fresh one, and let the buyer decide if they want those other 2 as well.

5. leslie0815

leslie0815 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 11, 2007
    Georgia
    Hi, Do you still have the eggs available ? If so what is the total for 4 shipping to 30442 GA. I have hatched everything but geese in my bator any pointers would be appreciated I lost my male last winter and my lone female needs some friends.
    Thanks Leslie

6. Rosecomb-Ryan

Rosecomb-Ryan East Indie Crazed

Apr 12, 2008
    Sacramento CA
    Any left?

7. Sunny Side Up

Mar 12, 2008
    Loxahatchee, Florida
    Leslie & Ryan, I'm sending you each a PM.

For anyone else, I'll continue to sell the eggs as Gertrude lays them. She seems to be laying every 2-3 days, the challenge is finding them when she changes her nest site.

I can fit up to 4 in a Priority Mail box so shipping/handling/delivery confirmation is $13 anywhere in the US and the eggs are $3 each.

8. SevenWinds

SevenWinds Out Of The Brooder

Apr 26, 2009
    Eastern Pennsylvania
    I would like to purchase eggs if Gertrude is in the mood in about three weeks....

I will PM you!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by