1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

FS Local pickup only, McConnells, SC Designer/purebred eg gs

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by Godiva, Mar 29, 2009.

1. Godiva

Godiva Chillin' With My Peeps

May 17, 2007
    Colorado
    We have a large fowl cochin roo that is a barred blue, really pretty. The hens are a variety, from Welsummer, Buff Orpington, RIR, Large fowl cochin. I have some of the designer chicks starting to lay right now and they are really nice birds, not all barred though most of them are. The cochin X BO throws some fun colours as well as the welsummerX. I don't know about the RIR since I have not hatched any of those crosses.... (tell me what they are like! [​IMG] ) My roo is very nice, no aggression and the hens are generally very sweet ( my 6 yr old picks most of them up and has names for them all) The purebreds are not show quality but there are some nice ones in the mix. I have had really good fertility on the eg gs with my hatches (incubator and broody hen) with only a couple not hatching. $15 for a dozen with some extras... pm me if interested.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 1, 2009
  2. Godiva

May 17, 2007
    Colorado
    Come on folks! These are bound to be pretty good layers, nice mix of light brown to dark brown eggs. Pretty decent eating if you like to eat the extra roos... make great soup!

3. ranchhand

ranchhand Rest in Peace 1956-2011

Aug 25, 2008
    SC
    Hi, you need to put the location in the title, as well as in the message! I only looked because the location wasn't there!

Very nice chickens though! [​IMG]

4. Godiva

May 17, 2007
    Colorado
    THanks Ranchhand! I am a bit sleep deprived and not running on all cylinders! We are near McConnells,SC - pm me if interested...

come on Ranchhand, what's another dozen chicks! [​IMG]
    LOL

5. ranchhand

Aug 25, 2008
    SC
    Right now? TOO MANY! I have chickens everywhere! But I am keeping your pretty chickens in mind.........

HELP, somebody please stop me- oh wait, this is the wrong place for that plea................ [​IMG]

6. EllyMae

EllyMae Chillin' With My Peeps

Quote:Ranchhand....Step away from the chickens! Cause I need you to take some of my ducks! [​IMG]
    Kidding...not trying to hijack the thread...just had to jab at ranchhand.

7. ranchhand

Aug 25, 2008
    SC
    Quote:Ranchhand....Step away from the chickens! Cause I need you to take some of my ducks! [​IMG]

Ooooh, ducks- quackers...... I love ducks, but we have no water here..... except salt water and it's 15 or so miles away.............

Here Elly, have a sugar cookie and get some of Godiva's GORGEOUS chickens! They are awful pretty..........

8. EllyMae

EllyMae Chillin' With My Peeps

Ooooh, ducks- quackers...... I love ducks, but we have no water here..... except salt water and it's 15 or so miles away.............

Here Elly, have a sugar cookie and get some of Godiva's GORGEOUS chickens! They are awful pretty..........

Oh, trying to bribe me with cookies now, huh? Evil, just plain evil...(steps away from computer to rumage through kitchen cabinets for sugary no-no's)

9. ranchhand

Aug 25, 2008
    SC
    Godiva, I promise we are not hijacking your thread- we're keeping you going, in hope someone will save both of us from coming to get all the eggs!

Uhm, Godiva, do you accept sugar cookies as trade? Because those are mighty handsome chickens!

10. Godiva

May 17, 2007
    Colorado
    Ooooh, not the dreaded sugar cookies!! I am trying to cut out all sugar folks! No worries though... I usually sell the eggs for eating but I really like how the mixed birds turned out and thought someone else might enjoy the same thing. My mixes are just starting to lay and I am having fun trying to figure out who is laying which egg. Still not sure who is the welsummer cross, there's a pretty dark egg showing up almost every day now, still tiny of course... could be Margaret or Hannah, I am leaning toward Hannah as she looks a little more hawkish and has less feathering on her legs... I really enjoy the cross breeds just from the fun side of things. I love waiting to see what colours I end up with and what personalities are like when you mix two breeds. They do seem to be much hardier and vigorous than the purebreds in my experience.

[​IMG]
    One of my welsummers when much younger, no recent pics

[​IMG]
    Bojangles again

[​IMG]
    Lalagay

[​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 1, 2009

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by