FS Male Beagle pup

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by dr8goons, Jul 1, 2008.

1. dr8goons

dr8goons Chillin' With My Peeps

May 23, 2008
    VA
    i have a male that just turned 8 weeks mon ready for a new home. he has had one shot and two wormings. if anyone is interstead in or near lexiton ky ill be going there to a small town outside of there and can bring him with me. i can email pics if you like hes black and tan and with some white.

Last edited: Jul 1, 2008
  2. lizardz

lizardz Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 18, 2007
    Grass Valley, CA
    Glad I don't live near you, because we would probably be meeting [​IMG] We have a 5 yo beagle who I absolutely adore. She's just the sweetest thing, although doesn't mind worth a d*** unless she feels like it - typical beagle! Her name is Casey, but she's also known as "The Pampered Puppy Princess" or "Dammit Dog", depending. We have two other large dogs, but she's my favorite, by far. We really don't need any more pets (besides the three dogs we also have three indoor cats), but I would definitely be tempted by another beagle. I know you'll have no problem finding him a home. Please be sure the prospective owners know how beagles are, because they definitely aren't for everyone (especially someone who wants a dog that actually obeys them [​IMG]). Good luck, and do post pictures - would love to see the little cutie!
    Liz

3. dr8goons

dr8goons Chillin' With My Peeps

May 23, 2008
    VA
    he is on the left .
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

4. lizardz

Jul 18, 2007
    Grass Valley, CA
    What adorable pups! SO glad I don't live anywhere near you or they would be at my place in a flash! [​IMG] There is nothing cuter on earth than a beagle pup!
    Liz

5. Jenlyn9483

Jenlyn9483 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 27, 2008
    Jacksonville, FL
    I just rescued my first Beagle about a month ago, he is about 2 yrs old. I think he was a lost or abandoned hunting dog, but he fit in so well on my farm. He is perfect. He is learning to sit and he listens SOO well. Doesnt bother my chickies, doesnt bark, and doesnt try to dig out of the fence. I think I got an A-Typical beagle, but that just goes to show what wonderful dogs rescues are. He's a joy and adapting beautifully to being a pet. An only dog right now and is claimed by my fiance as 'His' dog. I play with the idea of gettin him a playmate, dont know if i would have this kind of luck with another beagle. But they ARE SOOO cute.

[​IMG][/img]

[​IMG]

6. Jenlyn9483

Jun 27, 2008
    Jacksonville, FL
    Here is my Hank

[​IMG][/img]

7. Lanissa86

Lanissa86 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 26, 2008
    San Antonio, TX
    I thought Beagles were hunting Dogs...yours does not bother your chickens? My son wants one so bad, but I fear even if I raise a pup with them there will be Choas in the end! I would like to hear from Beagle owners how they fair having them around each other! Thanks! dr8goons, if you were closer I probably would snatch him up! He is a Cutie pie!! [​IMG]

8. Downinmyback

Downinmyback Out Of The Brooder

Dec 21, 2007
    West TN
    I have raised both Beagles and Chickens for over thirty years and i have NEVER had one to chase chickens.(cats and Squirrels yes but not chickens).
    They also are great protector of kids as they are not afraid of anything no matter how much bigger their foe is.All hounds process the same abilities as most were the all around farm dog for most of our history.
    I myself think beagles are the smartest breed of dog LOL.

9. Jenlyn9483

Jun 27, 2008
    Jacksonville, FL
    it is amazing When we brought our starved little guy home I was very worried about him and my fowl. Especially since he was a grown adult dog and most likely a hunting dog. He surprised me, Never ever offered to touch one feather on any of them's head. he even lets young bantam chicks and ducks and turkey poults eat right out of his bowl in front of him. He is very laid back. He will coming running up to 'rescue' my two yr old from a moody goose, but he doesnt touch them, just him running up scares the bajeesus out of them and they high tail it somewhere else. This is my first experience with a beagle, growing up a I had a half beagle and I can firmly say, I would own another. He is the calmest two yr old dog i have ever owned and he even lets my cats rub on him:)

10. lizardz

Jul 18, 2007
    Grass Valley, CA
    Yep, love my beagle. Hasn't touched a feather of any of the chickies. When we were brooding them in our bathtub, she would sit in there for hours with her head resting on the tub just watching them. The only thing she does to them is to push them out of the way if she gets in their pen after I've thrown out some scraps. She loves everyone - other dogs, cats, pet rat (but not the wild ones - she's definitely a menace to them!), kids, horses. She doesn't bark a lot and listens relatively well. Her only downsides are - she is very food motivated - will climb on the table, counters, whatever, if food is left out and has no qualms about trying to steal off your plate if it's within reach (although tries to do it slyly) and does not like to be left behind when we go for walks - she will climb a 6-foot fence to come with us. She, however, will happily stay within the fence if we leave in the car. Yep, love my beagle. [​IMG]
    Liz

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by