1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

FS Mixed breed chicks 8 weeks old. SC

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by Godiva, Dec 9, 2008.

1. Godiva

Godiva Chillin' With My Peeps

May 17, 2007
    Colorado
    I have 8 chicks that I really don't have room for, have to downsize... These are mixes. THe hens were australorp, buff orpington, silver laced wyandotte and I think there was also a mix hen and the roos were all mixes and at least one had some wyandotte in him. I was thinking that they might make good layers and be real hardy and good with foraging and now I discover I took on too many birds and really don't have the room, will have to experiment some other time. These were hatched in our incubator when the broody went ape and killed a couple of them mid hatch. I have already culled all the single comb roos but as yet I have no idea which of the rest are roos. I know there are at least a few hens in the mix. I have no experience with wyandotte type combs so will have to wait for the other indicators before the sex can be determined. These little ones are still in the brooder but are feathered in. I would take $20 for the lot. I only do local pickup, somewhere near York SC. PM me if interested. THanks

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by