FS: NC White silkie roos and BUFF good quality - (PICS Added)

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by vfem, Sep 4, 2009.

1. vfem

vfem Yoga...The Chicken Pose

Aug 4, 2008
    Fuquay Varina, NC
    I hatched out several of Jenlynn4's (sassysilkies) gorgeous silkies this past spring, I ended up with at least 1 roo too many (I'm assuming more actually!). These are part of my breeding program so I know I lucked out with some gorgeous birds!

I am going to have to part with one of these sweet roos!

I just need to decide which one still.

Pictures should be available by tomorrow I hope. I've been trying to get some good shots to no avail so far.

They are 19 weeks old, and have great feathering with very little feathering left to do. The roo's have not started crowing yet, but I am positive 2 are roos!

I will get photos and then figure out a price, or make me an offer... this isn't a give away.

Last edited: Sep 17, 2009
  2. vfem

Aug 4, 2008
    Fuquay Varina, NC
    Photos of some of my guys and maybe, I have my fingers crossed, girls!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

They have the right amount of toes, great skin color and VERY feathered booted feet. Gorgeous!

3. vfem

Aug 4, 2008
    Fuquay Varina, NC
    Looks like I will be selling maybe 2 or 3 roos... appears I have a few more then I intended to have! [​IMG]

So start making offers. [​IMG]

4. La Unica Farms

La Unica Farms Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 18, 2009
    backswamp NC
    Are all of the roos white? I have really been looking for Buff or maybe even Black. Are they Bearded? I'm on my phone and the pictures are to small to tell.

5. vfem

Aug 4, 2008
    Fuquay Varina, NC
    currently all I have for sure are white, I think I have 1 buff roo... but I'm planning on keeping on... however I have a 2nd buff I can't tell if its a he or she yet... so I may have 2 buffs. They have nice feathering, good toes but have some black in the tips of their tails, and yes they are bearded.

My blacks, are pet quality and I lucked out with only hens from a hatch last summer. They are terrible for breeding, but go broody like clock work every 8 weeks.... so I'm keeping them!!!

6. vfem

Aug 4, 2008
    Fuquay Varina, NC
    By the way... making offers for them is awesome... $$ is nice... but I am always up for a trade if you got something I need. [​IMG]

7. vfem

Aug 4, 2008
    Fuquay Varina, NC
    Ok, I offically have 3 white roosters that have to go. And looks like maybe one buff. I'm still kind of iffy on that second buff one. I need to get his/her photo so we can try to figure it out.

These were hatched from SassySilkies.com

8. vfem

Aug 4, 2008
    Fuquay Varina, NC
    We have someone coming to take first pick today. So I'll only have 2 whites left after today.

Still trying to figure out if #2 buff is a roo or hen.

9. vfem

Aug 4, 2008
    Fuquay Varina, NC
    Ok looks like my buff are both roos too! [​IMG]

Ok, help me clear these guys out so I can blow some more $$$ and maybe get pullets this time.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by