1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

FS OH 12 assorted marans eggs (all pures). Lots of pics!!

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by Harley's girl, Apr 2, 2009.

1. Harley's girl

Harley's girl Chillin' With My Peeps

Hi there,
    My friend has some assorted marans eggs for sale. There will be 12 of them and they will ship out on Monday. [​IMG] She has the following kinds.
    Blue,
    Black,
    Splash,
    Cuckoo, &
    Wheaton!
    $35 for the dozen and that does include shipping! [​IMG]
    Send payment to [email protected]

You may get one of each!!! They are nice dark eggs. 4-5. I do not have pics of the eggs, but I did go over and gets some pics of the chickens. [​IMG]
    Splash Rooster
    [​IMG]
    Splash hens
    [​IMG]
    Blue marans to the right.....no one wanted their picture taken! [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    2 more Blue hens left and middle
    [​IMG]
    Wheaton Rooster
    [​IMG]
    Wheaton hen and cuckoo hen
    [​IMG]

edited to fix pics

Last edited: Apr 4, 2009
  2. KattyKillFish

KattyKillFish Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 8, 2009
    Dillingham, Alaska
    wait a minute. are the mixed breed marans? if so that is pretty neat!

3. Harley's girl

Nope each rooster has his own cage and she puts the hens in with them over night. But the hens are all out together and unless they lay the egg in the cage she has no clue who is who. [​IMG]

4. TerriLaChicks

TerriLaChicks Overrun With Chickens

Apr 23, 2008
    Central Louisiana
    Any pics of the eggs available? My bator is full right now, but may be interested down the road if more become available...They are pretty birds!

5. Harley's girl

I do not have pics of the eggs. Here are some that I incubated last October.
    [​IMG]

6. TerriLaChicks

Apr 23, 2008
    Central Louisiana
    Thanks for the pic of the eggs; very nice!
    Are your girls from this hatch laying yet? what are their eggs like?

I have one, and only one, Cuckoo Marans that I was able to hatch, along w/FOUR roosters, last fall. She just laid her first egg 2 days ago, & 2 more since. I am very impressed w/the color -- I now definitely see the difference in a hatchery Marans (have one, very good layer of large dk brown eggs-but-not "that" dark!) & a 'quality breeder' Marans.

7. Harley's girl

I have one from an earlier hatch that is now laying. [​IMG] It is a nice color. I would say 4-5 on the scale. She is a good layer too.

8. TerriLaChicks

Apr 23, 2008
    Central Louisiana
    I may be in touch after I get through this current hatch (38 eggs in bator) they are really nice-thanks for the pics!

9. Harley's girl

These are still available. She has 14 eggs now. I do have pics of them but, they are on my other computer. Price is still the same. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by