FS: Pair Adult American Blue Geese ~ MI Pick-up Only

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by Olive Hill, Oct 19, 2010.

1. Olive Hill

Olive Hill Overrun With Chickens

Apr 19, 2009
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

This summer I bought these two from a fellow BYCer as part of a larger flock of Americans. I had intended to keep them for a new breeding project, but in re-examining my commitments and other projects for spring 2011 it's become clear some prioritization is in order. Since my main focus with the geese is in breeding the American Buffs for meat, the blues are taking a back burner here and I'm offering them for sale.

- Nice, bonded pair.
    - Holderread Stock
    - 2-3 years old
    - Proven Parents
    - Throw both Blue and Lavender Ice Goslings
    - Excellent Weeders/Foragers
    - Located in Mid-Michigan
    - Pick-Up Only

You can learn more about American geese from the ALBC (the blues are a color variation of the breed developed by Dave Holderread) and see more of them at Holderread Farm's site .

Last edited: Oct 19, 2010
  2. PortugalBreeder

PortugalBreeder Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 9, 2010
    WOW... love them! Can you put them back in an egg so that you can ship them to my house? I'm from europe and shipping live goose to here is kinda difficult.[​IMG]

3. jrsqlc

jrsqlc Obsessed with Peafowl

Dec 22, 2009
    Northwest Ohio
    Where is MI are you, im in Northwest Ohio??

I love those Blues! [​IMG]

4. Olive Hill

Olive Hill Overrun With Chickens

Apr 19, 2009
    Quote:I'm in Mid-Michigan, about 45 min north of Lansing.

If you're in NW Ohio I'm probably only 3-4 hours from you. We're often in the Lansing area though and would be willing to meet there to make it a little shorter drive -- more like 2-3 hours -- if that helps. [​IMG]

5. shelleyd2008

shelleyd2008 the bird is the word

Sep 14, 2008
    Adair Co., KY
    I second the putting them back in the egg thing, I just love the American Blues! [​IMG]

6. hcammack

hcammack Overrun With Chickens

Oct 5, 2007
    Vermont
    WOW they are beautiful I am thinking about getting geese they just seem so nice I love the American Buffs and Blues maybe I will contact you for some meaty buffs in the future.

Henry

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by