FS: Show-winning pullets, SE Florida

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by Sunny Side Up, Feb 1, 2009.

1. Sunny Side Up

Sunny Side Up Count your many blessings...

Mar 12, 2008
    Loxahatchee, Florida
    My girls did us proud at the South Florida Fair in Palm Beach County, Fla. Now they're ready to go to their new homes. Available for sale are:

Ancona, Best Pullet Open Category, $40

White Rock, Reserve Pullet Open Category, $35

White Rock, Best Pullet Youth Category, $50

They're all 6 months old, just beginning to lay, low mileage. They're in great condition with soft glossy feathers, good-natured girls from McMurray Hatchery.

2. rodriguezpoultry

rodriguezpoultry Langshan Lover

Jan 4, 2009
    Claremore, OK
    hahaha! Low Mileage! lol!

Do you have any photos????

3. harvey

harvey Out Of The Brooder

Apr 29, 2008
    South Florida
    Hello,

I'm the guy who purchased 3 chickens from you at the fair (Barred Rock, Buff Rock, Black Australorp). I just want to thank you again for the beautiful/great chickens. They are in their temporary housing and doing great. You were friendly and professional and you made my chicken buying experience very enjoyable. Thank you so much.

The poultry tent at the fair this year was wonderful. Thank you for your hard work.

Good luck selling your remaining chickens. Your Ancona and the White Rock are tremendous.

P.S. If the person (#217 I believe) who had the Speckled Sussex and the Black Australorp hens in the cage next to your Buff Rock Roo want to sell those birds, let me know.

Thanks for everything,

Chris

4. Sunny Side Up

Sunny Side Up Count your many blessings...

Mar 12, 2008
    Loxahatchee, Florida
    [​IMG] Hello Chris,

it's good to see you here on BYC too. I'm trying to connect all the chicken-keeping communities here, and told many many visitors to the Fair's Poultry Tent about BYC and about the Palm Beach County Poultry Fanciers' Association, our local "chicken club" that mans the tent each year at the Fair.

I'm glad the girls are behaving for you, they must be so grateful to be out of those cages in that tent. I hope they reward you with dozens & dozens of tasty fresh eggs, many of them double-yolked. I'm sending you a PM about the exhibitor with those other hens you mentioned.

I'm holding out hope that I can find someone willing/able to pay the price I think these prize-winning pullets are worth, someone doing the show circuit, an aspect of chicken-keeping we're just not involved in.

I'm working on posting some photos of these lovely ladies.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by