FS Speckled Sussex and BR eggs in Ga.

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by RAREROO, Sep 13, 2009.

1. RAREROO

RAREROO Overrun With Chickens

Jul 22, 2009
    Alapaha, Ga
    I currently have Speckled Sussex, Barred Rocks, and a few BSLs and I am just starting out on trying to ship eggs

I also have Easter Eggers and Seramas that will be laying soon.

Prices per dozen are as follows which will be for the eggs and packing supplies. Actual postage charges will still need to be added.

Speckled Sussex---- $14.00
    Barred Rocks-------- $10.00
    Black Sexlinks ------- $12.00

( I have less hens of the BSLs and some are setting/brooding so I may not be able to get a full dozen within the allotted amount of time before shipping)
    I will try to include extras when I have them.

I can also do an assortment order of the breeds if requested.

I also have Bourbon Red Turkeys (some may be buffs) but they are at the end of the breeding season and fertility was getting really low and I haven't tried to hatch any in at least two mos., but the hens are still laying, so if anyone wants to wants to take a chance on them, for and extra $5.00, I'll include at least 3 or whatever I have on hand that is less than a week old,(I have 3 hens laying though, not everyday). your choice, but only included with chicken egg orders, not sold by themselves until next spring's breeding season when fertility goes back up. Keep in mind turkey eggs take an extra week to hatch.

If interested contact me with your zip code, and I will give you the postage cost.

I may also have chicks available for pick up only, but I am slowing down on hatching and trying to sell eggs.

Here is one of My Sussex roos

[​IMG]

And a hen

[​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 24, 2009
  2. drmeyes236

drmeyes236 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 13, 2009
    ohio
    How much? And would you ship to Ohio?

Last edited: Sep 13, 2009
  3. RAREROO

Jul 22, 2009
    Alapaha, Ga
    Quote:I guess I could try to ship to Ohio, but I will need to know your zipcode and what breed you want before I can give you a price.

4. drmeyes236

drmeyes236 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 13, 2009
    ohio
    just a mix zip is 44149

5. imaleomom

imaleomom Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 4, 2008
    SC
    I'll be looking for S.Sussex in a week... zip 29906

6. RAREROO

Jul 22, 2009
    Alapaha, Ga
    drmeyes236 and imaleomom, I sent both of you a PM.

7. RAREROO

Jul 22, 2009
    Alapaha, Ga
    Just a friendly reminder - per BYC rules:

6. No Spam. Spamming is posting the same thing several times. "Bumping" (posting to move a thread up on the forum list) and cross-posting (posting the same thread in several forums) are examples of spam.

Thanks for your anticipated cooperation!​

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 17, 2009
  8. benjensen842

benjensen842 Out Of The Brooder

Feb 5, 2009
    Indiana
    I'd be interested in getting some Speckled Sussex in the future...would it be ok to get less than a dozen? Also about how long does it take them to get to slaughter weight? I hear they forage pretty well or am I wrong? About how much do they tend to weigh when dressed?

9. RAREROO

Jul 22, 2009
    Alapaha, Ga
    Quote:Yes, I will sell as few as 6 per order. I believe it took about 6 mos to get to a decent slaughter weight though the only ones I have ever raised off to that size were my breeders, everything I hatch, I usually sell as chicks and I have never slaughtered any, so I don't know about the dressed weight but they do fill out really nicely after about 6 mos and they should make great meat birds. And as far as foraging, I keep mine in separate breeding pens and feed them well and let them out sometimes in the evenings,so I personally don't know how they would do on free range and forage all the time, but like most breeds, I'm sure they will good at that too.
    Just let me know when you get ready for some and how many you want. Thanks

10. Poultry Palace

Poultry Palace Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 15, 2009
    Live Oak, Florida
    I would be interested in the sussex eggs. With shipping to 32064.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by