FS - Wheaten/Blue Wheaten Ameracauna eggs *WA*

Tailfeathers

Songster
12 Years
Dec 31, 2007
Washington State
I have had my birds separated for three weeks and just matched them up this past weekend. I currently have a Wheaten Cockerel matched to a Wheaten pullet and a Wheaten Cockerel matched to two Blue Wheaten pullets. So I have the ability to ship either 100% Wheaten or eggs that will be approximately 50% Wheaten and 50% Blue Wheaten.

I currently have two orders for the 50/50 to fill that should be completed by the end of next week.

I will also be breeding my Blue Wheaten Cockerels to both my Wheaten and Blue Wheaten pullets. Thus with the BWxBW I will have eggs available that will be approximately 50% Blue Wheaten, 25% Wheaten, 25% Splash Wheaten.

I do not have any Splash yet so I cannot guarantee any Splash to be hatched. God willing I'll get some Splash out of the eggs I set for myself this year.

My birds came from Paul Smith. Paul got his start from Wayne Meredith to which almost all good Blue Wheatens can be traced back to and also some from Barbara Campbell who also got her start from Wayne Meredith. You will find me listed as a Breeder on the ABC Breeder's List and I think Jean (The Ameraucana Police on BYC) would recommend me although I need to make a point to ask her.

All my breeding is being done from different lines so there is no chance of getting eggs from a brother/sister mating. You can see my birds on my website. Just click on the "Ameraucana" album. I don't have any Best of Show or BB's yet but have won RB, BV, and RV.

Eggs will be sold for $36 per dozen (with a few "insurance" eggs thrown in) and that will include shipping. I will mark the eggs with the Pen # they came from and will send an email with the parentage line so you can keep for your own breeding records. They will be shipped in order of Money Order payment received.

Please email me at [email protected] with any additional questions as I don't make it here on a regular basis.

Edited to say I will mark the eggs with the Pen # they came from and that pictures are now available on my website.

Last edited:
Hi,

Yes. They are now available on my website.

I never took pictures of my eggs because, honestly, I just never thought about it. Also, pictures can be deceiving. For example, I remember seeing a picture of Ameraucana eggs somewhere (I think maybe on BYC but not sure) and they were a very pretty blue. However, if one looked closely they were on a paper towel that most likely was a plain white paper towel but the paper towel looked blue too.

What I can tell you is that my Ameraucana eggs range from the standard "sky blue" that is called for to a very light blue that at times has been almost an off-white.

I will ship what someone wants. If they want only the deepest blue I have, I will ship that. If they want the other so they can have different breed lines, I will ship that.

If you talk to the breeders who are working with Wheatens and Blue Wheatens, you will find that egg color is one of the many things we are working on to improve. In fact, egg color is pretty much constantly being worked with in all the varieties.

Edited to say that I now have pictures available on my website.

God Bless,

Last edited:
Tailfeathers I will 'vouch' for you not because I have gotten eggs from you (yet) but because I think you have had a pretty indepth chat with my DH about your breeding practices and hopes for your flock and it sounds like you are a smart fellow working in the right direction for the breed according to him and he is one hard fellow to impress!

Oh darn,I have been wanting to get some pure Wheatens &/or BW for last few years,but I just filled my bator to capacity w/ duck eggs from my ducks neighbor dogs killed yesterday!!
hit.gif

Quote:
Melissa, all I can say is "Thank You!" I am humbled by such a compliment from someone who has been at this a lot longer than I.

God Bless,

Quote:
Well, I'm sorry about that. Just keep me in mind for next year. I didn't realize there was such an interest in WBS Ameraucanas. I am going to get birds into breeding pens earlier this year so I can start taking orders early and stop earlier too.

As it is now I'll be getting some late hatching chicks.

God Bless,

Back
Top Bottom