FSOT: Lots O' Ducks- NE Ohio

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by OneCuteShasta, Aug 16, 2008.

1. OneCuteShasta

OneCuteShasta Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 4, 2007
    Tropical oHIo
    I'm looking to rehome some of my runner ducks. They are just over a year old . I believe they are mixed with another breed because some of them have crests. Lots of colors to choose from: black, blue, fawn, chocolate and buff. Males and females. I also have 4 female Rouens. All are just over a year old. All of the ducks are healthy. I'm just trying to thin down my ducks due to a probable long distance move. These are not eating ducks! I'm thinking there's around a dozen runners. I will only sell in groups of mixed sexes. I'm willing to sell them for $2.00 each/OBO. I'm also willing to make a group deal or trade for???? Please contact me with offers or questions you've got. I'm located in Wadsworth, Ohio. Zip code is 44281. This is for pick up only. Have a great day!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. peachick

peachick Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 8, 2007
    Maryland 21787
    Do rouens go broody? Im looking for ducks that will set on goose eggs for me next year.

3. asher

asher Chicken Enabler Extraordinaire

Jan 26, 2007
    Mountains of NC
    There are some crested runners, too so may not be mixed, just fyi.

4. OneCuteShasta

OneCuteShasta Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 4, 2007
    Tropical oHIo
    rouens are supposedly a broody breed, but mine never have gone broody. Then again I always pull the eggs so that could be why. I didn't know there were crested runners. I purchased the runners as ducklings and was told they were pure runner. I just figured I was lied to about the pureness since I'd never heard of cresteds. Thanks for the info!

5. asher

asher Chicken Enabler Extraordinaire

Jan 26, 2007
    Mountains of NC
    Yup, I hatched some runners out (pures) and some had crests. I LOVED those most. So cute!

6. nautical_bouy

nautical_bouy Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 23, 2008
    Beaver PA
    I'd be interested in the Rouens, maybe runners if they are good for the table.

7. justinszoo

justinszoo Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 24, 2008
    NW Ohio
    Quote:Mine go broody every spring. They have great hatches.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by