Ft Worth folks.... need driving/traffic help!

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by KDbeads, Jan 5, 2010.

1. KDbeads

KDbeads Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 20, 2009
    East Central VA
    Have a 10:30 meeting on Houston St/3rd st later this week. Have everything set up for the 4 hour drive, directions, map, etc. Will be coming in on 377 and I-30.......
    Now I just have to figure out how early I have to leave! How bad is the traffic out that way? I'm used to driving in Chicago and Atlanta so it doesn't scare me at all, just need to know if it's one of those areas that runs slow.

And I need to know if the parking is open out there or if it's a pay type situation?

2. PineappleMama

PineappleMama Chillin' With My Peeps

I would help if I could, I'm in Arlington, but I avoid Dallas and FtW like the plague.
    Particularly the downtown areas. One way streets, construction, detours, and that's on top of traffic.
    In the mornings (inbound) and evenings (outbound) are pretty nasty, but 10:30 gives you a good bit of lead.

Parking wise, I've yet to see a spot that wasn't PAY... either a meter or a paid lot.... even jury duty requires a paid lot and a hike.

All I can say is best of luck, and bring your Tums... and maybe valium.

3. Soccer Mom

Soccer Mom Chillin' With My Peeps

May 5, 2009
    West of Crazy
    It's not so bad down there. There is lots of parking, but it is all paying. If you can't find a spot right where you are meeting and you don't mind a walk, you can park in the parkng garage at Calhoun and Jones (check your map). Also, farther down is a parking garage at the other corner of the Sundance Square.

If you are coming into the downtown area, traffic won't be too bad in the morning. I-30 can back up in the morning, but it's usually cleared out about 9:00 or so.

ETA: Now that I think about it, you're going to be down by Reata's, right? There are several parking lots right accross the the street. You should be good. It's an easy area to get into and out of.

Last edited: Jan 5, 2010
  4. KDbeads

Aug 20, 2009
    East Central VA
    The meeting is at the Starbucks... have NEVER been to Ft Worth so I'm clueless on what's out there. I saw several parking areas around that area on google and most of them look like they are open, no gate or or guard. HOPE that's the case because the gas alone for this trip is going to darn near kill us.

This is an interview for hubby, I'll drive up so he can get his beauty sleep, he'll drive back once we get out of Ft Worth.

5. Poulets De Cajun

Poulets De Cajun Overrun With Chickens

Leave early... Downtown is a $&@)? In rush hour. Plan on paying to park.

6. Boyd

Boyd Recipient of The Biff Twang

Mar 14, 2009
    MI
    Quote:[​IMG]

yup. From Waxahachie to the DFW area plan on sitting 45 minutes [​IMG] Coming from north to south :shudder

7. Poulets De Cajun

Poulets De Cajun Overrun With Chickens

yup. From Waxahachie to the DFW area plan on sitting 45 minutes [​IMG] Coming from north to south :shudder

Coming from north to south.... It's less time to walk.

8. Boyd

Boyd Recipient of The Biff Twang

Mar 14, 2009
    MI

Coming from north to south.... It's less time to walk.

my lil sis is in plano... takes her an hour and 45 minutes to get to downtown dallas [​IMG]

9. MaggieRae

MaggieRae Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 12, 2009
    North Texas
    Quote:Coming from north to south.... It's less time to walk.

my lil sis is in plano... takes her an hour and 45 minutes to get to downtown dallas [​IMG]

It's about half that going from downtown Dallas to Plano. I'm venturing out into Dallas on Friday... [​IMG]

10. KDbeads

Aug 20, 2009
    East Central VA
    Quote:Yeah.... try Chicago during the winter on the south side, now that was a royal [​IMG]

Plan on leaving around 5 to 5:30 in the morning just to be on the safe side. I'll be going west to east on 30 though.... heard good and bad. Driven in worse;)

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by