Songster
9 Years
Jul 29, 2010
Aledo, TX
This will be our first show.
celebrate.gif

Anyone else going?

Last edited:
going....... not showing thou...........

maybe pickup a few birds???

if people offer for sale after show???

its been years since i have been

Last edited:
Quote:
If I am not mistaken, it is against TAHC rules to sell birds at/during/after the show.

see its been years LOL...last time i went 10+ years ago, birds could be sold after the show was over

then meet some new people and grab a few phone numbers
smile.png

Quote:
You can talk to breeders, and get all the phone numbers you like... but I think the TAHC strictly prohibits the sale of birds on show grounds for biosecurity reasons. Its either prohibited, or you have to have hundreds of dollars worth of certificates/tests that allow you to sell from anywhere but your own farm. I can't remember which one.

If you want to sell poultry in Texas you must either sell only from your property or get a permit form the Texas Animal Health Comm.
The permits start at $25 and go up to $500, depending on the amount of birds on your place. You can go to their website for the particulars.
For the most part I would bet that most people would only need the $25 ones.
I have the $100 permit because I hatch and raise a lot of birds.
I carry a card that looks like a credit card that I show to any inspector. Of course I still have to have my P/T papers

As far as people selling birds at Ft Worth, I am sure it is the Stock Show that stops that. The TAHC doesn't care, as long as you are following the rules.

Heard today the Stock Show has about 1200 entries. That is WAY up from the last couple of years. Looks like exhibition poultry is enjoying a spike here in Texas. That is a good thing!

Back
Top Bottom