FUGLY BIRD contest! **CLOSED** JUDGES..SEE LAST POST!

Discussion in 'Online Poultry Show' started by Guitartists, May 27, 2008.

1. Guitartists

Guitartists Resistance is futile

Mar 21, 2008
    Michigan
    Well, I have decided to start a contest... BYC's fugliest bird! [​IMG] This can be that awkward teenage stage or just an incredible odd bird! [​IMG] All right... Now open to ALL chickens, geese, peafowl, turkeys, ducks, pheasants, quail and guineas. Did I miss any???? LOL

I will need some judges.. please PM me if you would like to help judge this contest.

Rules.....

Each participant may enter up to 3 different birds. If you have multiple shots of one chicken showing how fugly he or she is from all angles... that counts as 1 entry [​IMG] A limit though of 3 pics per bird.

Include your bird's species, breed, name, age, sex (if known) and any other stories or information.

Winner will receive a portrait by me. You will have your choice of either a drawing to be done by hand, or a digitally enhanced fantasy image. [​IMG] (I'll even be nice and let you choose which of your birds you'd like for me to draw LOL)

All right! Let's see your FUGLY BIRDS!!!!!!!!!!![​IMG]

Judges so far:

Myself
    Vamp-A-Billy-Princess
    Colored Egg Farmer
    Lauralou
    Alex
    SundownWaterfowl

PM me if you want to judge!

Last edited: Jul 1, 2008
  2. LilPeeps

LilPeeps Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 13, 2007
    SE Mass
    Ok, I'll start...I hatched all three of these from Tom (kentuckysilkies). Personally, I think they're cute, but.....

Frizzled silkie
    [​IMG]

Frizzled showgirl
    [​IMG]

Frizzled showgirl, this is Todd [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

3. bamagirl68

bamagirl68 Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 3, 2007
    central alabama
    Wow I want to enter but I ain't got no fugly chickens!!!! Mine are all beauty queens![​IMG] Sounds like this will be fun though!

4. Guitartists

Guitartists Resistance is futile

Mar 21, 2008
    Michigan
    LOL... I think Silkies and Silkie x's are cute too... but my DH would agree that they belong in this contest! LOL He thinks our Charli is the ugliest thing ever... [​IMG]

5. ticks

ticks Pheasant Obsessed

Apr 1, 2008
    The Sticks, Vermont
    meadow, my teen welsummer
    [​IMG]

my Red sex-link
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

6. love-my-wolves

love-my-wolves Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 14, 2008
    Front Royal, VA
    I have 2! Well, actually 3, but since my 2 black silkies are twins, I will only submit one of them.

This is spidergirl. She was about 2-3 weeks here. We thought frizzle, but now is just a beautiful blue cochin.

[​IMG]

And this is one of the twin silkies - it's either Jekyl or Hyde at 10 days old.

[​IMG]

gotta love the ugly phase!!! Steph

7. justinszoo

justinszoo Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 24, 2008
    NW Ohio
    I'm not sure what it is or even the sex, but my son had to keep it from a mixed batch we got at the auction.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: May 27, 2008
  8. Kanchii

Kanchii Chillin' With My Peeps

Young sultan [​IMG] Doing a little dance, making a little love, getting down tonight

[​IMG]

9. coffeemama

coffeemama Barista Queen

Mar 5, 2008
    Oregono
    omg Julie-I didn't notice that showgirl was named Toss when you showed it in chat the other night! [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

10. countyroad1330

countyroad1330 Thunder Snow 2009!

Oct 15, 2007
    Oklahoma!
    Lilpeeps, that third silkie looks like a funny little turkey. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by