1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Fukushima

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by BlackBart, Sep 17, 2011.

1. BlackBart

BlackBart Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 29, 2009
  2. Illia

Illia Crazy for Colors

Oct 19, 2009
    Forks, WA
    There's news of Fukushima weekly, you just gotta read news that isn't Mainstream. [​IMG]

In fact just a month or two ago there was a serious steaming/smoking at the plant (they've got live cams there) and about 12 hours later, there was a serious spike on the local Geiger Counters in Hawaii. We got a little spike here in WA too but not much.

3. Southernbelle

Southernbelle Gone Broody

Mar 17, 2008
    Virginia
    My husband is a nuclear engineer and he says, "by now it would be like nothing, it expontentially decays."

That article looks like the type people use to stir up strong feelings and scare people. I don't understand everything about it but I believe nuclear energy is safe. They have safety measures on top of safety measures on top of safety measures (DH works in Safety Analysis). There just wasn't anything that could be done about a 12 foot wall of water hitting the entire country.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by