Full Irish Breakfast

Discussion in 'Egg, Chicken, & Other Favorite Recipes' started by fmk, May 19, 2009.

1. fmk

fmk Out Of The Brooder

Apr 26, 2009
    Ballyhire
    [​IMG]

Hi everyone - our chickens just started to lay. The first four small eggs were just enough to have scrambled egg with our bacon, sausage, black pudding and toast - the Full Irish Breakfast. I'd forgotten just how yellow proper 'free range' egg yokes were. It brought back childhood memories

2. skeeter9

skeeter9 Chillin' With My Peeps

That looks wonderful! Congratulations on your eggs! After you have eaten your eggs for a while, you won't want to eat storebought ones anymore - they taste yucky!!!

What is black pudding?

Last edited: May 19, 2009
  3. HenPen

HenPen Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 29, 2009
    New Hampshire
    Quote:DON'T ASK!!!!

4. Davaroo

Davaroo Poultry Crank

Feb 4, 2007
    Leesville, SC
    Quote:Oooooh, dont ask (we over here in the States call it blood sausage or blood pudding. It's made from pig or cow's blood and..... well, you get the idea.).

Last edited: May 19, 2009
  5. sparkles2307

sparkles2307 Terd of Hurtles

Doesnt it have oatmeal in it too?

6. HenPen

Apr 29, 2009
    New Hampshire
    Cuz it is Blood.....Black pudding or blood pudding is an English term for sausage made by cooking blood with a filler until it is thick enough to congeal when cooled.

7. Peaguy

Peaguy Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 23, 2007
    May,Texas
    Now THAT is what bacon should look like! Oh man! I wish we could get it here! Yummy!And it tastes O SO GOOD!

8. skeeter9

skeeter9 Chillin' With My Peeps

Um, ok. Let me edit my original post to say "it looks awesome, but you need to flick those blood balls off of there!!" LOL Just kidding around. [​IMG]

9. HenPen

Apr 29, 2009
    New Hampshire
    Quote:[​IMG] .....Yeah I couldn't bring myself to eat them but my dad loves them...The bacon is AWESOME!!

10. lakeshorenc

lakeshorenc Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 14, 2009
    Lake Waccamaw NC
    Just looking at that picture made me gain 5lb's but it sure looks GOOOOD!!!! I'm from the south so I would have to add some grits with a big old slab of butter, yum,yum. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by