Full Moon hatch

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by mstricer, Sep 11, 2011.

1. mstricer

mstricer Overrun With Chickens

Feb 12, 2009
    Ohio
    Well tomorrow morning @ approximately 5:27 am is a full moon. It will be 21 days for me. Is anyone else hatching?
    Michele

2. Bantam Username

Bantam Username Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 3, 2011
    Wiltshire, UK
    Mine aren't due til the day after but I got my first pip today so possibly mine will be hatching sometime very soon. [​IMG]

3. mstricer

Feb 12, 2009
    Ohio
    I hope I have a pip when I get home. I've been having some bad hatches. This one stated out with 26 eggs and I only got 5 for lock down. All others were clear. Lots of.money down the drain.
    Michele

4. mstricer

Feb 12, 2009
    Ohio
    Batam what are u hatching? I have BCM and Blue Marans. My last hatch I set 18 Black and Blue Duccles and got 2. I was so said because I really wanted them. But I guess 2 is better then 0. Good luck. Michele

5. Bantam Username

Aug 3, 2011
    Wiltshire, UK
    I am hatching lavender dutch bantams, I started with 8, only 4 developed and 1 quit just before lockdown so I am left with 3. I've been trying to hatch chamois sebrights too, but my last batch failed and the batch I have in the other incubator only has one developing by the looks of things, but I'll candle those again tonight to make sure. I really want some d'uccles too, they look beautiful. What height are your fully grown d'uccles though as I've not been able to find that out and weight means nothing to me?
    Are they similar in size to sebrights? As I don't have room for the larger bantams, only those similar in size to what I'm hatching. [​IMG]

6. BellevueOmlet

BellevueOmlet Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 10, 2010
    hopefully they won't come out as warewolves [​IMG]

7. rarely bored

rarely bored Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 22, 2011
    Central California
    The setting 8/22 thread has tomorrow as the hatch date. I have a pip!!

8. Bantam Username

Aug 3, 2011
    Wiltshire, UK
    Yep, I set mine on the 9th so joined that thread too. Congrats on your pip. I don't think I'm going to sleep much tonight, I'm going to keep feeling the urge to rush to the incubator and peer through the top. [​IMG]

9. mstricer

Feb 12, 2009
    Ohio
    Quote:They are small. [​IMG] here is a pic as you can see them next to a 4x4. I love them. I have 5 porcelain, 1 Mille, 1 Black Mottled and 1 Blue Mottled. Are you working with shipped eggs also?
    Michele

10. mstricer

Feb 12, 2009
    Ohio
    Quote:Me too, that's what I did just now when I came home from work and.......Nota [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by