Full PM Boxes

Discussion in 'BYC Website & Forum Feedback & Announcements' started by Buff Hooligans, Oct 28, 2008.

1. Buff Hooligans

Buff Hooligans Scrambled

Jun 11, 2007
    Is there an alert icon to tell people their PM boxes are full?

2. AllChookUp

AllChookUp Will Shut Up for Chocolate

May 7, 2008
    Frozen Lake, MN
    Good question.

I also wonder if when your PM inbox gets full, there are unpredictable results. Ex: Yesterday afternoon I sent a PM to somone, and it wound up in someone else's PM inbox. Could be I was half-asleep and just screwed up....

3. Nifty-Chicken

Nifty-Chicken Administrator Staff Member

When you enter your inbox and it is full you should receive a notice that it is full. As a matter of good practice everyone should try to keep their inboxes relatively empty. If you have information you want to keep that is in your PM box, copy and paste it into an email to yourself.

AllChookUp, I don't want to say you were half-asleep, but I can't see any way that having a full PM box would cause a PM from one person to be randomly shot to another... that's just odd. [​IMG]

4. the simple life

the simple life Chillin' With My Peeps

How many messages do our pm boxes hold?

5. Nifty-Chicken

Nifty-Chicken Administrator Staff Member

6. AllChookUp

AllChookUp Will Shut Up for Chocolate

May 7, 2008
    Frozen Lake, MN
    Go ahead and say it, Nifty - I must have been half-asleep. I don't see how form a technology standpoint that would happen either. Oh well.

7. Buff Hooligans

Buff Hooligans Scrambled

Jun 11, 2007
    I guess somebody that never deleted anything from their box would have 75 messages.

Last edited: Oct 28, 2008
  8. hypnofrogstevie

hypnofrogstevie chick magnet

Jul 12, 2007
    Newton NJ
    Hi there nifty. I have a question that sorta off topic and on topic. Is there anyway you can put check boxes or a delete all (or is there a delete all?). It is kind of time consuming deleting old emails.

9. Buff Hooligans

Buff Hooligans Scrambled

Jun 11, 2007
    Hypno, there is a Delete Multiple Messages option. Look in the lower left corner of your screen while in the message area.

10. hypnofrogstevie

hypnofrogstevie chick magnet

Jul 12, 2007
    Newton NJ
    Thank you buff!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by