1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Full Recovery from Respiratory Illness

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by Maryallison, Sep 6, 2009.

1. Maryallison

Maryallison Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 18, 2008
    Fountain, Florida
    So I just wanted to leave a happy post here in the Disease section. I went through a rough few months. Had to cull any adult flock then the illness spread to my chicks that were just 2 months old. I am happy to report that just 7 of the chicks became ill. We seperated them and my wonderful DH built them a coop at the back of our 5 acres. After lots of hands on work...medicated water, injections of Tylan & Vet RX they have made a full recovery! [​IMG] I just never knew it was possible to recover from this, but they did. [​IMG] Now they will never rejoin my flock, but there are 7 of them back there so they are not lonely. Today me and my husband just sat there and looked at them and I almost cried! I am so happy they mde it and they look GREAT! [​IMG]

I wanta thank all of you guys that wrote me a thousand times and got me through it! Here are the chicks happy & healthy thanks to you guys!

[​IMG]

2. meriruka

meriruka Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 18, 2007
    Congrats!
    Is that a little white/gray frizzle I see in the pic?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by