Fully Developed But Not Pimping

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by wilsonpaaul, Sep 23, 2010.

1. wilsonpaaul

wilsonpaaul New Egg

Aug 26, 2010
    Chennai
    [​IMG] hi my egg are not pimping out, only few hatched successful and some are not fully developed please advice

2. paddock36

paddock36 Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 24, 2008
    Ocala, Florida
    I think you mean pipping. Sounds like you have had some quitters if they did not develop fully. It could be caused by many different reasons, temp too high or low, bad batch of eggs, type of eggs, not turned enough. Don't give up.

3. oesdog

oesdog Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 7, 2010
    Ireland
    Yeah you mean Pipping - Pimping is a whole different sort of chick site! - [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

If it helps I just had a really bad hatch and only two chicks survived the incubator. Don;t give up - as the other poster said its probably a temperature thing. It is sad when that happens but sometimes it happens even when you get everything right too!

Oesdog - [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 23, 2010
  4. nicoletm24

nicoletm24 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 11, 2010
    Timberlake
    Quote:[​IMG]

it could be anything. was temp and humidity controlled the whole time?

good luck [​IMG]

5. wilsonpaaul

wilsonpaaul New Egg

Aug 26, 2010
    Chennai
    sorry for the spelling error , the temperature is 101.5 . the humidity is 50% and the lockdown humidity is 60 %.

6. xyresicchick

xyresicchick Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 5, 2010
    Providence, RI
    i would say your temp is too high. i never let my incubator get warmer than 100.

7. BirdBrain

BirdBrain Prefers Frozen Tail Feathers

May 7, 2007
    Alaska
    Sounds like you had some late quitters. By the way, you can click on your first post and edit your title if you wish--didn't know if you knew that.

8. nicoletm24

nicoletm24 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 11, 2010
    Timberlake
    my bator stays at 99...i do not like it above that. and my humidity before day 18 is usually around 35-40% then I kick it up to 65% on lockdown. And i've had wonderful hatches. i've only lost 1 or 2 out of a 40 egg hatch lately.

9. keaton85

keaton85 Out Of The Brooder

Sep 8, 2010
    ohh great, that makes my incubation probably worthless!

I have had my temps at 101-102 the whole time since I could not get it to stabilize at 99.5. It would just drop to 98ish and stay or go to 101-102. I could never get it between that and I figured a little hotter is better then a little cooler. ummm maybe not!

I did candle a few last night and they were moving around, lockdown is supposed to go into effect this Sat. night at 10PM.

10. nordahlbunch

nordahlbunch Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 14, 2010
    California
    Is your incubator a still air type? If so, the temp seems about right. Maybe humidity was too low. Did the temps fluctuate at all during the process?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by