Fun day for chickens & ducks (3 pics)

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by bayouchica, Sep 29, 2007.

1. bayouchica

bayouchica Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 23, 2007
    N.E. Louisiana
    Every month or so I get 20 bucks worth of crickets, well this time I got shiners instead... Oh what fun they had !!!
    The chickens soon figured out that shiners are tasty [​IMG] It was a feeding frenzy... ducks were swimming underwater chasing shiners,lol. Chickens were trying to see how they could get in that 5 gal. bucket. [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    See that blurry spot in the front, that's my Blk. sex link... Whoppie picking a shiner out of the pool.
    [​IMG]
    here she is again.. she stayed there along time waiting for her next meal [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Enchanted Sunrise Farms

Enchanted Sunrise Farms Overrun With Chickens

Apr 26, 2007
    Fair Oaks, California
    Cool pictures. i LOVE your property. That is chicken and duck paradise.

i just have one question - what is a shiner?

3. chicks rule

chicks rule Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 10, 2007
    SW MO
    Quote:It's bait fish, small like minnows, I think, I almost bought some baby ducks last weekend, but, held myself back. Going to wait for spring, or gonna try anyway.

Very cool Bayou.

4. Enchanted Sunrise Farms

Enchanted Sunrise Farms Overrun With Chickens

Apr 26, 2007
    Fair Oaks, California
    Oh wow - shiners - this might be a new taste sensation for my little chickens!

5. bayouchica

bayouchica Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 23, 2007
    N.E. Louisiana
    Oh yeah, shiners are minnows. I've tired to catch them along the bayou, but I'm no good at it. [​IMG]
    Atleast I'm supporting my local baitstand,lol.
    there's nothing like seeing a bunch of chickens running crazy with a shiner in their beak. Real entertainment. [​IMG]
    Thanks yall, have a wonderful weekend. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by