Fun, easy and thrifty Christmas gift idea...PICTURES

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Southern28Chick, Dec 20, 2007.

1. Southern28Chick

Southern28Chick Flew The Coop

Apr 16, 2007
    I'm a bit broke right now so I'm limited to what I can do for Christmas gifts. Here's what a lot of people in my family are getting.

Christmas tin: $1.00
    2 bars of handmade soap: Sales for $8.00
    Loofah: Sales for $2.00
    Chocolate Peppermint Altoids: $1.00
    Candle: $1.00
    Body Butter: $1.00
    Shrink wrap: $.50

Total: $14.50

Saving some money at Christmas...PRICELESS!

Anyone else here make gift baskets and such for Christmas gifts? I prefer to give people something they'll use or eat. [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 20, 2007
  2. Redfeathers

Redfeathers Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 11, 2007
    Gervais OR
    I would be so pleased to receive such a nice gift. Well done!!

3. Southern28Chick

Apr 16, 2007
    I figured she can take a bath with the soap and loofah with a candle burning next to the tub while eating an altoid then finishing off with the body butter. [​IMG]

4. Smitty's Farm

Smitty's Farm Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 24, 2007
    St Clair County, Il
    My favorite kind of gift......something to relax & indulge myself. I love your products. That looks great! I would love to receive that gift.

I usually make gifts from the garden & kitchen (bake pumpkin bread, put a jar of my home made canned salsa, canned Tom garlic basil sauce, sprigs of hanging dried herbs, herbal vinegars, etc) and put them in a basket with a candle, but didn't get to make them this year. [​IMG]

My DD & I did bake pumpkin bread last night, so she could give them to her teachers today for x-mas. I still may bake some more pumpkin bread to give out.

5. johnnyjack

johnnyjack Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 21, 2007
    usa
    [​IMG] seems u got it figured out.lol. nice gift.

6. ole-crone

ole-crone Chillin' With My Peeps

LOVE those chocolate covered Altoids. Thanks for reminding me. I have a box of those sitting here and I sure don't have the eat them all!

I also bought a 'case' of "Chicken Poop" lip junk to give to people. They are always teasing me about my chickens. I bet they'll wonder for at least a second if I've gone bonkers.

7. twincreekfarm

twincreekfarm Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 20, 2007
    Vandalia, OH
    i used the soaps i ordered from Southern Essence (which arrived today thank you so much Trisha!) in baskets. I made some homemade heating pads (fleece and rice, pop in the microwave) and added them to soaps along with coffee mugs, mini caramels, and candles. They turned out great!!

Last edited: Dec 20, 2007
  8. Southern28Chick

Apr 16, 2007
    Quote:Glad you got them in time for Christmas. [​IMG]

9. IHeartChickens

IHeartChickens Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 13, 2007
    Pacific NW
    Your gift basket is thoughtful and looks nice too. Great idea.

10. Cara

Cara Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 30, 2007
    NM
    The soaps and shea butter arrived today thanks! They smell and look wonderful, and I was so tempted to keep one for myself, but i'm sure my mother-in-law will love them. Thanks again!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by