Fun Family Time-Chick Naming

Discussion in 'Family Life - Stories, Pictures & Updates' started by greenckick, Mar 6, 2012.

1. greenckick

greenckick Out Of The Brooder

Jan 9, 2012
    So we got a couple blondes (BOs) and a couple Dominiques and we were working on chicken names. We being myself and my soon to be 4 year old son. I explained that I had named one of the girls Rose and what he thought a good chicken name would be. He said he want to call the other Dom "Booty". I did the mom thing where we just pretended not to hear the awful thing our wonderful children say. A few minutes later I brought it up again and asked what her name should be. He told me, "Mom, I already named her Booty". OK- I am not calling this chicken Booty, so I asked him why he thought that was a good name. He told me is was because she was pretty and nice like in Booty and the Beast. Beauty- her name is Beauty!!!! Such a relief.

We also ended up with a Belle, can you tell what movie we are into right now[​IMG]
    And since Curious George was on while we were naming chicks we also have a George.

Last edited: Mar 6, 2012
  2. Northwind

Northwind Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 3, 2012
    Yorkshire
    :lol: Naming chicks is always one of the best parts of getting new ones. I hope you have lots more fun with them!

3. Poupoulles

Poupoulles Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 17, 2007
    Mayberry (really!)
    I think Booty would be a great name for a BO. Their trunks are full of junk...
    But no, we can't do that! My two year old does the same thing. We have a chicken named "turtle." Other than the roo's its the only one with a name!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by