Fun in the sun - kind of

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by EmptyNest, Apr 20, 2008.

1. EmptyNest

EmptyNest Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 7, 2008
    SW Iowa
    It finally reach 70 degrees here today - yeahhhh [​IMG]

It was the first day outside for my 7 week old flock of many colors and I literally had to push them out the door - they were scared to death. Then tonight I had to pick everybody up and put them back in the Hen Inn. They decided it wasn't so bad after all.

[​IMG]

2. kodiakchicken

kodiakchicken Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 18, 2008
    Kodiak, Alaska
    What a beautiful flock! I'm getting six in a couple weeks and they'll be all different breeds and colors too.

I sure wish we would see 70 - I think our high today was 35 - brrrrrr!

3. love-my-wolves

love-my-wolves Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 14, 2008
    Front Royal, VA
    I wish we had 70, too. Today it was about 84, with humidity around 60%. Felt like 95!!! Too hot for my chickies!!!

4. mamaboyd

mamaboyd Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 6, 2007
    Kendal.Ontario,Canada
    Isn't it great when we have some nice warm weather after a long winter!! Your flock is very nice! Our temps were around 70 ish too today, and yesterday it was in the 80's, a little too hot with the humidity, but I'm not going to complain [​IMG]

5. montana girl

montana girl Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 23, 2007
    Kalispell, Montana
    I notice that your little ones are in there right along with the bigger ones. Is there ever a problem with the bigger ones picking on them?

I take my babies out on warm days and put them in their pen that is alongside the big girls. One of my big girls literally goes nuts all day ...making a huge fuss at the chicks. The one that is doing this is Polly who is the head hen.

Just wondering if you had any problems.

Darlene

6. EmptyNest

EmptyNest Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 7, 2008
    SW Iowa
    Actually, they are all the same age and have been raised together. I've got silkies and quail d'anvers in with the larger breeds and they can hold their own. I have another group that is 2 weeks old that I plan to integrate when they are at 4 weeks if the weather is warm enough. This winter I plan to seperate by breeds so I can start the hatching process all over again next spring [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by