Function buttons not loading

Discussion in 'BYC Website & Forum Feedback & Announcements' started by KsKingBee, Mar 5, 2017.

1. KsKingBee

KsKingBee Overrun With Chickens

It has been an intermittent problem for a couple of years but recently it has gotten to be a permanent problem. At first just the MULTI button would not be there, now the button never loads at all. I used to be able to go to the previous page and back and it would usually be there, now It never loads on a page.

When I try to reply or write a post, like right now, all I have is a blank page with no function buttons at the top at all. No buttons to post a pic, emoticons, font, nothing, nada, zip, zilch, no function buttons at all.

When I try to use the QUOTE button the text does show up on the reply but without any box around it. Again no features are available.

The ovation button is there but pressing it used to take me to a notice of 'Insignificant permission' (or something to that effect). Now it doesn't do anything, I can not give ovations at all.

I have dumped my browsing history and shut down and powered up and that has not changed a thing. Any suggestions would be appreciated, I don't have a kid to help with so I have to ferret out a solution on my own.
    Thank you in advance.

2. PD-Riverman

PD-Riverman Overrun With Chickens

Jan 14, 2012
    Conway SC
    Have you run disk clean up?

3. KsKingBee

If you mean disc defrag, no I have not. I will go find that right now and run it. I think the last time I was going to o it the message was that it didn't need it. I'll do it anyway. Thanks again.

4. Nifty-Chicken

Nifty-Chicken Administrator Staff Member

Please see the information here: https://www.backyardchickens.com/a/troubleshooting-byc-problems-bugs-error-messages-other-issues

If none of those things help, please come back to this post and reply with all the information requested in that article above, especially:

1) Which browser and version are you using (eg., Firefox 3.5.9, Internet Explorer 7, etc.)
    2) Have you deleted your internet cache / browser history of files and tried again?
    3) Have you tried a different browser? This allows you to test if it is a browser specific problem vs. a computer / network problem. We suggest Google Chrome or Firefox.

5. PD-Riverman

Jan 14, 2012
    Conway SC
    No not defrag(you can do that too) but disk clean-up-----dumping unnecessary files.

6. KsKingBee

Oh, ok. I'll go do that now. I did run an optimizer and that changed the appearance of everything. It didn't fix the problem here.

7. KsKingBee

Quote:Windows 10 yes I use Chrome

8. KsKingBee

Quote:I think the optimizer is the same thing, I searched for disc clean up and nothing came up.

9. PD-Riverman

Jan 14, 2012
    Conway SC

Last edited: Mar 5, 2017
  10. Nifty-Chicken

Nifty-Chicken Administrator Staff Member

I doubt it's a disk-cleanup issue.

Do you have another computer or browser (Firefox) you could try to isolate if it's your computer / browser vs. something else?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by