Fund raising suggestions

Southern28Chick

Flew The Coop
12 Years
Apr 16, 2007
I started the Southern Essence Farms Catch and Release Spay/Neuter Program. So far all the money put into it has come out of my pocket.

I'm starting small. I have pregnant Charlie and her 2 sons so far which DH has actually agreed that they can stay on our property.

2 weeks after Charile is done nursing her babies she will be spayed, then once her babies are 12 weeks old they can be spayed/neutered. And I'm planning on getting Charlie's sons neutered soon.

I want to extend my program to pet owners as well. Helping those who do not have $$$ laying around to get their cats fixed.

For ferals I need:
Have a heart traps
Food
Carriers
and $$$ to pay the clinic

For pet owners I need:
$$$ to help them with the cost of the clinic. $65 per cat.

NO, I AM NOT ASKING FOR MONEY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm asking for ideas for fund raisers.

Car wash, raffle....anything.

What would y'all do?

First...

Have you incorporated into a 501C3 (non profit organization)? You will need to do this prior to any fundraising. There are several steps involved. Your local United Way or Chamber of Commerce should be able to give you some tips.

Good luck!

Ms e

Okay well heres my idea to help raise money you could have a raffle on a quilt or something like that and have it a dollar a ticket or six tickets for 5 dollars people usually find giving a five is a better deal and you could go to like your local grocery store for like two days or so with there permision to sell tickets and any other events like a 4-H meeting or even at your local feed store and even Tractor supply comany would probably alow it good luck

do a ramp dinner

sell some crispy cream doughnuts
ask a local school to help sell scratch of tickets / go to local stores and ask them to give you a slip stating half or power bait for example and every one who scratches one off gets a cupon sheet.

We are the leaders [mom is co leader, I am secretary] of a 4-H club, so here are some ideas. We had great luck with pretzals once, they are easy and different. They were like plastic bags with probably 20 or so long pretzals in them and we sold them for $1. I don't know where you get them. Our local dog pound sold flower bulbs, which went well. You could rent out a little place in your town [moose lodge, etc] and have a dinner and sell raffle tickets, dog treats, etc,. if some people would help. That would raise a TON of money.

I run a regional chapter of a national non-profit. We aren't required to fund raise, but it sure helps with the gas money to distribute supplies and printer cartridges.

We run a spaghetti dinner about every other month. It takes a bit of footwork and phone work, but it's worth it.

What I do is this:
I contact the local grange hall and asked if they will donate a day and use of their tables and chairs for a fund-raiser. They are always more than happy to oblige. I contact a couple restaurant supplies around, and get supplies for the fund-raiser, plates, cups, silverware, to-go boxes, etc,...the one owner's family has cause to be a member for support in my non-profit, and has donated enough kettles and braising dishes to help us keep ahead of demand and keep the extra food warm.
I have several restaurants willing to donate supplies, such as sauce, meat, etc. Our support group is medical related, so I always let the doctor's offices around know when we are getting ready for a fund-raiser. We get gift cards for supermarkets, for raffle, etc.
Don't waste your time with big companies like Wal-mart. Even though our group is a national non-profit, our local Wal-mart won't even return calls. Jerks.
Anyway, your local businesses are your bread and butter of fund-raising. I have nail salons who donate manicures, hair salons who donate cuts and tanning, veterinarians who donate grooming and check-ups, etc., we do a Chinese auction with them.
Our signs for advertising are plywood, and I just re-paint the dates and re-use the signs.
We put the local country station on for entertainment.

Usually our profit runs about $800.00. I have it in an account that is designated as a non-profit so we aren't taxed.

I could give you lots more ideas. Like I said, we crank these out about every 60 days. Please feel free to PM me if you have any questions.

Good luck-
Em

When my kids were young, I was a board member for our local preschool drop in centre. We would go around to all the merchants in town and ask for a donation from their shop, collect and assort all donations into gift baskets. Then we would sell raffle tickets for the baskets. Al the local merchants gave willingly--it was also advertising for them, a write-off, and we acknowledged them by a write -up of thanks in the local newspaper. We always did very well.

We were a registered not-for-profit organization, and all we had to do was get a permit to sell raffle tickets. We would sell the tickets at grocery stores etc. Good luck, I think what you are doing is great!

Back
Top Bottom