1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Fundraising ideas?

Discussion in 'Managing Your Flock' started by TheDuckCrew, Feb 21, 2009.

1. TheDuckCrew

TheDuckCrew Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 21, 2009
    Connecticut
    I have a friend with a duck sanctuary. he rescues ducks that are abandoned, sick, or injuried and cares for them. right now, he has over 40 ducks. he asked me if i knew any fundraising ideas to help him support his sanctuary. i'm in high school, so maybe i could do something with my school, but i'm not sure what yet. any fundraising ideas for him? thanks

2. texaschick-a-dee

texaschick-a-dee Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 8, 2008
    Texas coast
    How about an adopt a duck program, for $XXX you can name your duck, I guess the amount should be equal to what it would take to care for one duck.

A supply drive, people could donate items that are needed to care for the ducks or $$$.

Are there stores around that would let him put jars for donations by the cash register? People are usually willing to drop their extra change into those.

If your school has a student council or some other organization that needs a community service project this sounds like it would be a good thing for them to help out with. Then both the sancuary and club get benefitted.

3. My chicken is cuter

My chicken is cuter Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 6, 2009
    Houston, TX
    Do any of the ducks lay eggs?
    Some people like buying duck eggs because they are bigger and better for baking.

4. DawnSuiter

DawnSuiter Chillin' With My Peeps

Sounds like you need an annual or bi-annual duck race

little plastic floaty rubber duckies with numbers on the bottom.. people buy a duck or ducks $5 or $10 each and whichever ducky wins the race gets the grand prize.

here we dump a load of ducks from a dumptruck off a bridge into the river and downstream a net is waiting to catch them all. photo finishes.. the whole town gets involved and the prize is like $5000.00

You could do a smaller scale race... or even larger maybe.

I think last year they dumped around 5 thousand ducks....
    $.20/per duck costs plus some advertising, most of which can be hussled for free or nearly free... and well a lot of help.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by