Fundraising ideas?

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Bettacreek, Oct 18, 2009.

1. Bettacreek

Bettacreek Overrun With Chickens

Jan 7, 2009
    Central Pennsyltucky
    Well, due to major family issues, moving, etc. I had to quit my job. I will be going to college in the spring, however, for now, I have NO money. Holidays are coming up, and I'm broke. [​IMG] Baked goods is an idea of making holiday cash, but I don't know what else to do. I have a LOT of holiday shopping to do! I'm going to go insane, because I know that the bf's family is going to go hogwild on me, since I have absolutely no hunting gear, no guns, no bow, a cheap fishing rod, etc. I already know that they plan on buying me a ton of gear. [​IMG] My family is the same way, they'll spend a fortune and a half on me. Anyways, besides baked goods, what else can be a good way to raise holiday money when you're unemployed and cannot get a job. I do have a sewing machine, so I know that I could do some sewing projects, but I have absolutely no creativity... Anyways, any other ideas?!

Last edited: Oct 18, 2009
  2. redhen

redhen Kiss My Grits... Premium Member

May 19, 2008
    Western MA
    you changed your thread title...edited to remove the recipe...lol

3. redhen

redhen Kiss My Grits... Premium Member

May 19, 2008
    Western MA
    what happend?? lol

4. Bettacreek

Jan 7, 2009
    Central Pennsyltucky
    Lol. An update. I made that post for another place to get ideas, but since this place is much nicer, and I don't have to worry about being degraded for being unemployed, I figured I could put the actual reasoning behind it... Lol.

5. debilorrah

debilorrah The Great Guru of Yap Premium Member

Betta - use spaghetti jars for this - layer all the dry ingredients for cookies or brownies in the jar and glue a red and white checked piece of material on the lid and tag it COOKIE IN A JAR. VERY inexpensive and you can usually use jars that have stuff it you use to cook with.

Another one is to make reindeer out of candy canes - brown pipe cleaners for the antlers, googly eyes and a small red pom pom for the nose. Also very inexpensive.

I am sure I will come up with more, but this is a start....

OOOO tiny marshmallows in a small plastic bag - Snowman poop. People buy it like crazy.

6. Whispering Winds

Whispering Winds Chillin' With My Peeps

Quote:'

I will dig it out later, but you take a Xmas potholder, and attach this poem to the outside of the package, its funny and cute and makes everyone laugh.

There is a poem that goes with the snowman poop too . . .it's something like "you think you've been good, and yadda yadda yadda, and then Here is some Snowman Poop. It;s cute and funny too!!

7. arabookworm

arabookworm Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 27, 2008
    Pittsburgh, PA
    if you can knit or crochet you could make scarves, hats, socks, baby booties, sweaters, etc. and sell those, as well as afghans. also, if you are good at sewing and such, you could save money by making some gifts.

8. mjdtexan

mjdtexan Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 30, 2008
    Houston(ish)
    Get with your local BBQ competition organization. They are every where. Just do a search. When we compete (I belong to two orgs) we do so for a charity almost every time. We win some money (most of us give it back to the family in need) and the family gets most of it. Its the main reason we drag our butts out there, stand by our rigs all night and day. Somebody will help you. Good luck and keep us appraised

9. Bettacreek

Jan 7, 2009
    Central Pennsyltucky
    Thank you guys! I've also started making soaps (testing stage right now), and smelly jellies (need to find cheap containers) and hopefully candles here soon. There are three of us who hunt, and I'm hoping to get the fat/tallow from other people's kills (family) to render and make soap (free soap supplies AND meat from each carcass, how about that!)

10. Wifezilla

Wifezilla Positively Ducky

Oct 2, 2008
    Colorado
    This site is a gold mine of ideas....

www.craftster.com

WARNING....it is almost as addictive as BYC [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by