Funky Chickee...The Last Silkie that Hatched...

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by cherndon712, Feb 15, 2008.

1. cherndon712

cherndon712 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 1, 2008
    WY
    This is one funky chick...Colored like an ameracauna...BUT IT'S A SILKIE!! I had to double check...But yup...Black skin, 5 toes, and feathered shanks...
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 15, 2008
  2. ChicknThief

ChicknThief Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 12, 2008
    Nor Cal
    HOW CUTE!!!

I MUST have it.

Oh wait, she is yours..... alas ..... there are ways around that .....

No! Stop! [​IMG] I must resist!!

The silkies are now dressing as real chickens to better control our minds!! [​IMG]

3. cherndon712

Jan 1, 2008
    WY
    Quote:[​IMG] I'd share if I had more than one!! [​IMG]

4. cherndon712

Jan 1, 2008
    WY
    Hey Dipsy...This is YOUR grandbaby...I love love love HER, but how did SHE get that coloring?! [​IMG]

5. Kanchii

Kanchii Chillin' With My Peeps

6. cherndon712

Jan 1, 2008
    WY
    It's WEIRD that they'd look like that, then be grey! I could've sworn I saw grey silkie chicks that were grey... [​IMG] Now I have to find my chick catalogs AGAIN!!

7. Fancy Feather Poultry

Fancy Feather Poultry Cooped Up

May 30, 2007
    Thats a partridge silkie chick they wil turnout a dark brow red color
    when there older.

8. Hi Crystal! What a cutie!
    I haven't hatched any colored like that but it must be a result of crossing white over blue/splash.
    I know 'off' colors can pop out (I have blue Silkie cockerel form the cross with 'brassy' hackles).
    The blue/splash girls should have been moved from that pen, but 'Bomb', the white roo makes such nice chicks that I left them together --- actually *made* nice chicks, he died last week.
    After next week no more fertile Silkie eggs, boo hoo.

Lisa

9. cherndon712

Jan 1, 2008
    WY
    Aw...what happened to your roo?! That sucks! She is a very pretty little thing! If she is a he, you might could have him back...I can't keep too many roos!!

10. I don't know for sure, I *think* he had a heart attack.
    I have 4 homeless Serama roos that have run of the yard/garden and they were taunting him earlier that morning thru the fence. He was acting all frantic trying to chase them off and guard / mate his hens. I came thru later that morning and he was dead.
    Lisa

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by